Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2021, 04:08 PM   #1
1998 Boxster Owner

Garage
1998 Boxster for Sale

I have a project that I need to move on from.

I bought the Boxster back in 2016 and have stored it my garage since. It was running on three cylinders. It's Guards Red with a a hard top and soft top. It has 98000 miles. I bought it in Sierra Vista, AZ literally stored in a barn by from a house painter from Colorado. He was the third owner. It still has Colorado title signed by the owner. I never got it running to get it licensed in AZ. I have since towed it to San Bernardino, CA and it is sitting in my garage.

I think I have come to realization that I don't have the skills or the time to get it running. So, I'm looking for someone who is interested an can tow it away. I figure there may be a few here that would like to take on the project.

Not looking for a lot of money, just enough to make the wife happy and clear out the garage. Let me know if you have any interest.

tada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 04:36 AM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

What's wrong with the car? Also...

Stick? Auto? Interior condition?

Why is it running on only three cylinders? Do you have any service records?

I'd like toe right of first refusal. thanks.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:59 AM   #3
1998 Boxster Owner

Garage
It’s a manual. The interior is complete in good condition. I suspect that a cam shaft sensor has gone bad and the engine won’t fire on one bank. I don’t have any of the previous owners service records. The fuel pump probably needs to be replaced, but I have another fuel pump. The fluids are decent. I changed them when I bought it. It has a new fuel fuel filter, AOS, and smog pump.
tada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:17 PM   #4
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Hi Tom, I posted a link to your ad on another forum (GrassRootsMotorsports.com)
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/nmna-1998-boxster-san-bernardino-ca-project/185885/page1/#post3313079
I used that forum's slang for "Not Mine, No Affiliation" NMNA, but still had someone contact me asking for details. I'm going to forward his email to you in a private message.

GLWS (good luck with the sale)