Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2019, 04:27 AM   #1

Garage
2002 Boxster Base

Listed is a 2002 Porsche Boxster with 99055 original miles. Car is in great shape, have all service records and receipts. I am the third owner and bought the car with 83000 miles on it in 2013. The car came to me with a salvage title (California) due to it being totalled after being sideswiped while parked. If you know anything about Porsches, they get totalled very quickly. The 2nd owner bought it back and repaired it and obtained a California salvage title. Upon buying the car I obtained a rebuilt title for the vehicle. It has been registered every year and has passed emissions every two years without issue.****Owned by a forum member and PCA member.

Previous owner left extensive service records which detail the car's repairs which I will include. Since owning the car i have taken care of most repairs myself and have taken the car to a professional Porsche shop when the repair is outside of my expertise. Just last year over 3000 dollars of work was completed to include all new brakes, new front struts, new front control arms, new sway bar bushings and links, new tie rod ends and CV joint boots were replaced and repacked with grease. Also had a leak in the heater core valve replaced and the coolant system flushed. Tires were new 3 years ago (sumitumo htr z iii) have less than 5000 miles on them. Just before listing I replaced the starter with a brand new Bosch unit. Other items of note:

Front Motor Mount

Air Oil Separator

O2 sensors

Mass Air Flow Sensor

Spark Plugs and Tubes

90k Mile Service

Oil change done twice a year with Motul 5W40 (yes this is overkill)

Many more service records available from previous owner.****

Car was played, polished, waxed every year twice a year despite only doing 1-2k miles a year. Garage kept during winters.

There are a few minor dings and scratches . This car was driven not kept as a garage queen. There is nothing that detracts from the shine of the paint or overall condition of the car. Interior is in great shape. The car still is as fun as the day it was built and will make a really fun toy or daily driver for years to come. All items working in excellent condition. No check engine lights or fault codes. Car was just paid off and I will have the title in hand as soon as it is sent by mail in the next few days. I can assist with pickup or delivery within a reasonable distance. Can pick you up at the airport if needed and you want to drive it home also. I can assist a shipping company with loading should you make those arrangements. Includes the wind stop system, aux input hooked into the stock Becker cdr 220 and the original owners manual and tool kit. See also the option code stickers and trunk stickers are still present and would not be if the car had been damaged on these panels.****

Any other questions please ask. This car was my baby. And was taken care of well. I'm selling it reluctantly and it is priced to move. For a forum member I will let it go for 7000 if you contact me directly.

For pics please see this craigslist ad:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/d/valparaiso-2002-porsche-boxster/6916967755.html

You can see that a forum member is getting quite a discount. Thanks for the interest.

jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:33 AM   #2

Garage
This is sold locally to another Porsche owner. Pleased to say they are enthusiasts and him and his son will be working on the car together. This forum was an invaluable resource to me. Thank you all for your help and advice. One day I will return to Porsche ownership. Until then, everyone take care, enjoy the hobby and most of all drive safe.

jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote