Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2018, 07:12 AM   #1

Boxster 3.2s 2000

The Boxa.net calendar car of the month is tentatively going up for sale.....maybe.....depending on whether i can get hold of the car i want.

So it's a 2000 3.2s, currently on 107500 miles but will go up as i do drive it daily. This car has been gone through and is ready for someone to finish it off, in all honesty i've kind of lost the love for it.

Work done include all new control arms, coffin arms and arb bushes at each corner. Oil filler tube, hydrocarbon cleaned, plugs changed, oil changed twice in my ownership (currently has around 4000 miles on it), new discs and pads on front, new stainless custom cat-less exhaust on the rear (one piece and done properly, looks stock from the rear), new exhaust gaskets, new green cotton air filter, throttle body removed and cleaned, new water pump and thermostat, coolant system pressure tested and new coolant in 10000 miles ago (doesn't lose any, needle sits straight up), one-touch roof system, 987 shifter with 987 knob, retrimmed 3 spoke wheel with alcantara/leather mix, all bulbs have been replaced, boot remote works, roof tension rods recently changed, Cayman S wheels with Pirelli P-zero rubber as of August last year, new windscreen 3 months ago. Basically if it needed replacing it has had it and i've probably forgotten some.....

This car is driven daily so everything stays supple. It rides nice, goes round corners like it should and goes like it should down the road. It went to France 3 times last year and I wouldn't hesitate to go again tomorrow.

As I said above it needs someone to finish it off. I would look into replacing the roof at some point as it's showing wear but it doesn't leak and you can see through the rear window. The headliner isn't in there (same as a 2.7) as the guiders have broken. The seats all work, no rips or tears but do show signs of use. I'm being picky here but i'd rather be honest than not. Standard extended audio with parrot system for hands free and aux lead for phone etc. All the right stuff is in the frunk, i.e spacesaver and tools. Boot has never had leaks so doesn't smell like some. There are 2 keys but one needs programming.

MOT is in June. Service history has been stamped up until 95000, it's due another service but in all honesty it's had that much replaced it would literally be a stamp. I've probably put the best part of £5k into it since i got it.

Now for the elephant in the room, the wrap which you will either love or hate. It's Arlon satin black which is very hard-wearing and comes up really nice when you've cleaned it. For me having a wrapped car is perfect as it takes the worry out of scratches etc. That said underneath is a perfect Basalt Black car, you can't wrap a crappy car. All the black would need is a good detail to look good. The graphics are just that, graphics. If you don't like them they peel off.

This would be a great base to make a nice car out of, the bones are great and it just needs someone to love it again. Private reg will come with it, apparently worth around £800 - £1k.

Price wise i'd be looking for £5750. I paid that for it and have put way too much into it but i'm not stupid and it's not a mint car.

That986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:08 AM   #2

Sold, deposit paid and pending collection.

That986 is offline   Reply With Quote