Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #1

2008 Boxster - 33,800 Miles

Car is located in Medford Oregon. Low miles: 33,800. All maintenance records are available from my mechanic. Tires were new at 24,000 miles

Lovingly owned and operated. Excellent condition, non-smoker, no accidents. Lovely dark blue that sometimes looks black, sometimes purple. A few normal road pings. I have owned the car for 24,000 and taken excellent care. The car can be purchased with a bank transfer and if shipping is required, that is on the buyer to pay.

Detail: a horizontally opposed six-cylinder 2.7L engine engine produces 245 horsepower. The Boxster has a five-speed manual transmission and a five-speed Tiptronic transmission with gear selectors mounted on the steering wheel. A mid-engined design gives the car a low polar moment of inertia, which enables the Boxster to navigate turns with a nimbleness that has to be experienced to be believed. [Handles like a go cart!] The Boxster is very well equipped, with heated power mirrors, power leather seats, power windows and locks, an alarm system, and automatic climate control. The power cloth top stows quickly, and can be lowered while driving up to 30 mph [but never has been]. Unusual options on the Boxster include adaptive sport seats that adjust the amount of bolster support, an automatic rear spoiler, ceramic brakes and typical luxury items, such as heated seats, enhanced audio systems, xenon headlights, and a navigation system.

Last edited by Boxsterlover2; 10-29-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Boxsterlover2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 04:18 AM   #2
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Might be easier to sell if you list an asking price. Also, why does the 2nd photo look like it's been transposed onto the background? Why does your detail description list options the car doesn't have like ceramic brakes, and describes that the car comes with a manual or a tiptronic with steering wheel gear selectors?...which one is it? Is this really your car you're trying to sell?

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy View Post
Might be easier to sell if you list an asking price. Also, why does the 2nd photo look like it's been transposed onto the background? Why does your detail description list options the car doesn't have like ceramic brakes, and describes that the car comes with a manual or a tiptronic with steering wheel gear selectors?...which one is it? Is this really your car you're trying to sell?

I would say it is a scam, based on all the backwards info , the photo being poorly edited onto a nicer background, last but not least he states that you can pay for the car via BANK TRANSFER. Never could I imagine anyone on this site purchasing a car with a bank transfer.

Last edited by Lucassharringtonn; 11-03-2016 at 05:53 AM.
Lucassharringtonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:27 AM   #4
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucassharringtonn View Post
I would say it is a scam, based on all the backwards info , the photo being poorly edited onto a nicer background, last but not least he states that you can pay for the car via BANK TRANSFER. Never could I imagine anyone on this site purchasing a car with a bank transfer.
Yep, that's what I was getting at. I think there should be a rule here like on some other car forums where any seller is required to put a piece of paper with their forum name and date and include in the photos to prove it's in their possession.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy View Post
Yep, that's what I was getting at. I think there should be a rule here like on some other car forums where any seller is required to put a piece of paper with their forum name and date and include in the photos to prove it's in their possession.

Yeah I agree. It's a shame we have to go through procedures like that to prove legitness but with posts like this you have to . This is for Craigslist not Porsche forums.
Lucassharringtonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #6

Agreed looks like a scam
jrebot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #7
This Space for Rent!

As a former professional graphic artist - I can say with authority that the second photo is only half fake. The right side of it had amateur use of the 'clone' tool, probably to hide something to the right of the car. (Domestic minivan, fat neighbor, whatever...)
That's not to say the rest of the ad doesn't scream FAKE - but there you have it.

Great - my first post, and I'm (half) defending a scammer.
Smooth move....
SMH
GregMaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:20 AM   #8

Boxster Ready to Purchase

The car is now officially for sale. This is not a scam and I don't have any idea why you'd say that. As far as asking for bank transfer? My bank tells me it is the only way to assure payment. The asking price is $24,500. I did photoshop out background but that didn't change the car. All the maintenance records are available and the car is in tip top running condition and is clean/detailed. Contact me if you have questions or concerns. This is a terrific car that has always been garaged and well cared for.
Only 34,000 miles.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:23 AM   #9

Bank transfer is the only guaranteed method of buying a big ticket item. The funds are verified bank to bank. No check or other financial tool will do that. Hope this clears up any confusion.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:43 AM   #10
Porsche Lover

Is 2008 Boxster still for sale?
Steven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #11

be very very careful on this one.
78 5 spd 928 Blumaxx (in Hemmings S & E issue #100)
85 928S garnet red stock daily driver
06 Mustang GT Legend Lime and modified to go even faster
linderpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:48 PM   #12

Garage
I'm still wondering, manual or automatic?
RobertF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:00 AM   #13

He says it has both manual and Tiptronic, so it's missing the clutch pedal!

Last edited by tlc356; 09-16-2017 at 07:06 AM.
tlc356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:17 PM   #14

Garage
From the license place the VIN is WP0CA29818U711452 2008 Boxster on the second owner. Basic maintenance has been done. No mention of IMS in the car fox. Looks kind of OK.Maybe check with Aarons Autowerks LLC Phoenix, OR aaronsautowerks.com on what they have done. That's the lat maintenance record
10/31/2016 at 33,859
Brake pads replaced
Brake rotor(s) replaced
Brakes checked
Front brake rotor(s) replaced
Power steering fluid flushed/changed
Safety inspection performed
Tire pressure monitoring system checked
marck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #15

Garage
If the VIN above is correct, it would be Tiptronic

2008 Porsche Boxster
Division: PCNA Commission #: 654958 Prod Month: 02/2008 VIN: WP0CA29818U711452 Price: $61,180.00 Exterior: Midnight Blue Metallic Interior: Stone Grey Standard Leather Warranty Start: March 19, 2008
Additional Equipment

249 Tiptronic S 342 Heated Front Seats 401 18" Cayman S Wheel 446 Wheel Caps with Colored Crest 551 Porsche Windstop (Deflector) 635 Parking Assist System 680 Bose High End Sound Package 810 Floor Mats in Interior Color DC Stone Grey Standard Leather E9 Midnight Blue Metallic P12 Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor P15 Power Seat Package P23 PCM 2.1 w/ Extended Navigation P74 Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package PPBT Preferred Package Plus w/Tip V4 Metropol Blue Top XLA Chrome Exhaust Pipe
RobertF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #16

You guys are geniuses'.

Tags
boxster , low milage