Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2017, 11:43 PM   #1

WTB - '98/'99 Boxster in California

Looking to buy a Boxster for a spec build down the line. Important things I'm looking for: manual trans, hardtop, routine maintenance, no check engine lights, absolutely no rust.

Preferred colors: silver or pastel yellow.

Mileage isn't a big deal if the car is maintained properly. If the IMS bearing is taken care of (LN engineering/Flat6Innovations) that's a definite plus.

Would like to spend less than 10k. I'm open to reaching a reasonable price with the right seller. Let me know what you have!

Last edited by RennBox; 06-12-2017 at 11:58 PM.
RennBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #2

I've got one, and I'm in Norcal as well.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-sale-wanted/65222-ca-1998-986-porsche-boxster-base-5mt-series-1-aerokit-hardtop.html

Let me know if you would like to look at it, only difference in the ad is that car is now on stock wheels, and the scangauge is no longer installed
onefasazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefasazn View Post

http://986forum.com/forums/boxsters-sale-wanted/65222-ca-1998-986-porsche-boxster-base-5mt-series-1-aerokit-hardtop.html

Let me know if you would like to look at it, only difference in the ad is that car is now on stock wheels, and the scangauge is no longer installed
I saw that one on the for sale page, I was definitely interested, but I'm not sold on the color/aerokit. It would be too much of a trip for me just to see it in San Jose to decide whether I can be flipped on both of those aspects. If you're ever taking the car to Sacramento and have a few minutes to spare, I'd love to see it. I wouldn't want you to make a trip out here just to show it to me in the case that I end up not liking the color and aerokit. If that makes any sense hah.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #4

Quote:

Thanks onefasazn. I saw your post earlier and was definitely interested. I'm not sold on the color and the aerokit. I would definitely be open to taking a look at the car if you are ever in the greater Sacramento area in the future. I wouldn't ask that you make a trip up just to show me the car, because I can't tell if I can be sold on the color/aerokit. Let me know if that makes sense.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:55 PM   #5

Quote:

I saw your post, but I'm not sold on white/aerokit. Would love to see it if you swing by Sacramento again.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:57 PM   #6

That comment was not posting... Sorry for the triple post!