986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2001 Base 109k Miles F/S *Awesome parts car* (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65747)

grimesb 03-12-2017 01:39 AM

2001 Base 109k Miles F/S *Awesome parts car*

Howdy Everyone,

(I'll get pictures up ASAP!)

I've got a 2001 Black 2.7 Boxster (I'm 3rd owner) with a little over 109000 miles on it for sale in Austin Texas--- very much a better deal for someone with time to wrench, track, or to turn it around after repairs. It runs strong but it needs some love that I can't give anymore.

Cosmetics: 4 out of 10 ( Front bumper and wheel well need sodder work at screw in points) ( leather seats look surprisingly good for age)
Engine: 8.5 out of 10
Suspension: 7.5 out of 10
Wheels: 5 of 10 due to road rash
Underbody: 6 of 10 ( Fist size indentation in under-body from initial owner that appears to have caused no other damage.)

Asking 5k

Intro: I got the car around 2012 with 88k miles and have done all sorts of fun projects. I have been very lucky over the last few years to not regularly need a car and leisurely did all these projects. I hate to see it go but school has become a big priority and I no longer have the space or time to learn and wrench myself.

Pros:

* Row Sport kit installed around 95k miles with associated parts such as spring pads( Bought from suncoast -- is it called M010?)

* Authentic PSE exhaust with cat-bypass pipes installed ( Ability to switch modes on exhaust not installed / parts not available by me)

* New clutch and flywheel at about 101k with all the essentials such as pilot bearing and throw out bearing

* Pelican Parts IMS and flange installed at clutch job along with 75k 5 speed transmission

* Water pump was replaced around 95k

* I've got 3 out of 4 sets of elephant racing control arm bushings installed but one control arms threading went to **************** and I put on a donor control arm instead of paying someone to press another set in

*1 CV axle replaced from a donor car - All CV boots replaced and greased

* EBC redstuff brakes installed around 103k

* Zimmerman rotors put on around 92k

* Coolant tank leak fixed

* Steel Brake lines and quick bleed valved on all calipers

* TRW tie-rods installed around 100k

* IMS guardian installed

* OEM tranny oil and OEM coolant used / used the blue brake fluid and same name brand after they outlawed the blue stuff / oil changed every 5k miles

* Slave and Master cylinders replaced at clutch job

* Billet shift-link

* Litronic headlights

* Orange aftermarket adjustable track arms( Unsure of name but I believe from a company in dallas)

Cons:

* Litronic headlights need a good cleaning

* Calipers need to be sanded down and powdercoated

* I believe rotors may be on the way out / brake pads need some adjustment due to noise once hot and quickly stopping

* Canvas top is still holding strong but shows its sun wear and tear

* Wheels are really nice custom 18-inch but show a spot where bent by a previous
owner. It still stays true and holds a tire properly but it's got obvious rash overall.

* Tires are in good condition but about 3 years old

*Rubber sealant around passenger window has a slight leak at really heavy rain

* The stereo head unit was poorly installed by previous owner and has static

* Front bumper plastic and wheel well has degraded around screw points and needs to either be repaired with a soddering iron or replaced.

* Rear trunk switch at seat needs replacement

* Keys only work manually

A few add on pros that need to be installed:

- Aftermarket Amp and speakers ( I think around 125W and Alpines)
- I have the majority of parts for the center radiator
- Nice Headlight bulbs ready for use
- A new serpentine belt
- The last elephant racing control arm bushing if pressed out of control arm with bad threading
- Leather paint kit for seats