Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #1

Is it just me ....

..... Or are most of the "Boxster for sale" ads by posters who have 10 or less posts?

Just saying....

2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #2

Chris,

As one of those sellers with very few posts I'm not sure of your point.

If the implication is "lack of posts equals shady sale" I can assure you that many spend there time on Rennlist.com.

When I decided to advertise my race car I started to search out new avenues to reach Porsche enthusiast.

Just saying....
Brinkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #3

I am not implying anything I just shared an observation and was wondering if there are some opinions.
You make a good point though
Old 07-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #4

Typically people including myself don't participate in the forum as much as they read it. I find myself on here reading often but I don't post much. I'm sure there's also plenty of people who register just to list their car..hey more exposure is more exposure!
speedyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #5

I am one of those people as well., although I'm not shady, or atleast I don't think I am. Lol. I posted my car for sale and then lost interest in selling for a while. I may go onto cars.com now though as I think your feeling may be why I have had no luck on here. A site where you pay makes people think you are more committed to selling I'm assuming? Not sure but it's worth a try
dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #6

Chris, I think the low posting sellers have decided to sell their boxsters and are smart enough to come to a Boxster web site to offer it to an enthusiast or someone who joined the forum to learn about the car before purchase.

It's a smart move in my opinion, especially if you compare it to me and my car...

"Hey everyone, I'm selling my 97 (that has been repaired repeatedly for years and 5,000 posts which you can search on anytime you like). All I want for it is what I've dumped into it too! The first $40k offer I get will work for me!!!"
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #7

If I were selling a Boxster, this is one of the first (and best) places I'd go. Compared to other Porsche web sites (like Rennlist and Renntech) this has the most activity by far for the Boxster.

Smart move for buyers and sellers, regardless of post count.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
Chris, I think the low posting sellers have decided to sell their boxsters and are smart enough to come to a Boxster web site to offer it to an enthusiast or someone who joined the forum to learn about the car before purchase.

It's a smart move in my opinion, especially if you compare it to me and my car...

"Hey everyone, I'm selling my 97 (that has been repaired repeatedly for years and 5,000 posts which you can search on anytime you like). All I want for it is what I've dumped into it too! The first $40k offer I get will work for me!!!"
I see your point ...
Old 07-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #9

I personally have close to 20,000 posts on Pelican Parts and waste entirely too much time on there, and have largely come to this site for Boxster specific info. You can only waste your time on so many websites......

I know where you are going with the post though, people who only join to buy/sell stuff and don't have the built up forum "reputation".

onewhippedpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote