Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #1

2000 Boxster with 996 3.4 Engine Swap (Located in Souther California, 77K orig miles)

Greetings,

I have a 2000 Boxster with a 3.4L 996 engine swap for sale. I originally purchased the car from a fellow forum member "PECIVIL" back in 2009. The prior owner had a '2001 996 3.4L professional installed by "Mind Over Motorsports" in San Diego. The shop has since closed down, but the tech who did the work is still around and owns his own shop in the San Diego area.

I had originally planned to autocross/Time Trial the car, but I never got around to it. I was busy tracking my M3 with my sons. I only used the car as a weekend driver averaging less than 2,500 miles per year. It has been very reliable and fun to drive with 300+ horsepower.

Car specs, mods, and maintenance history...

General:

2000 Arctic Silver Boxster with a clean California title. I am the 3rd owner. The prior owner purchased the car in 2004 with 37K miles.
77K original miles
Original paint. No accidents, dents, or dings.
Black top
Always garaged

Factory options:

Sport Design Package
Sport Seats (rare seats with the high bolsters)
CD Changer
M490 Sound system

Modifications:

Swapped in 2001 Carrera 3.4L motor at 53k miles. The motor had 31K miles at the time of the swap
DME with 996 Flash
Supersprint Headers
Supersprint 200 Cell Sportcats
Custom factory '03 Boxster S Muffler with interchangeable tips. Sounds really nice with the headers. No drone.
AASCO Light Weight Flywheel
Modified Evosport Intake
Factory 3rd Center radiator
New throttle body
Boxster S Brakes front and rear
Factory 997 Shifter
Factory '02 Carrera Light Weight Rims with Michelin PS2 tires
Factory M030 front and rear sways
Factory 996 OEM MK1 GT3 Bumper
Factory Carbon Fiber Interior (except steering wheel and Instrument surround)
Replaced Space Grey top with black top. Much better looking.

Maintenance and repairs since I have owned the car:

New OEM Serpentine Belt
New OEM Water pump
Flushed coolant and bleed
New OEM MAF Sensor
New OEM O2 Sensors
Cleaned radiators
Oil and filter change every 3K miles
New LN Engineering low temp 160 degree thermostat
New OEM coil packs
New OEM plugs
New OEM fuel Filter
New 3rd Brake Light
New Battery
New OEM Oil Stick Tube
New OEM clutch pedal switch
Removed small dings (PDR).
Fixed Stereo
Replaced misc interior bits (cowl panel, screws, panels, etc)
Fixed coolant leaks (engine water inlet and gasket)

The prior owner took very good care of the car, and I believe I did the same. I have complete records from the prior owner and my maintenance. It is in excellent condition and has fairly low mileage for its age. All parts are OEM or high-end aftermarket. Close to $20K has been invested in parts and labor.

The car passes California smog and is registered in California.

I would like to get $16.5 firm for the car. I believe the price is quite fair considering that it would cost $25K+ to duplicate the car. Note - I orginally had the car for sale for $14.9 without the following upgrades: GT3 Bumper GT3 front bumper, Carrera '02 wheels, and factory Carbon Fiber interior. I have sold the stock replacements parts, so I can not offer this deal any more.

The car is located in southern Orange County. I would like to sell it to someone in the southern California area and avoid the headache of shipping the car. If I am unable to find a buyer locally in the next month or so, I might consider shipping the car.

Please PM if you have any questions. I can also be reached at the following email address: survak at cox dot net

Here are some pics. More are available at https://picasaweb.google.com/105421054668927408031/2000BoxsterWith98634L996Motor

Last edited by SoloPierre; 08-11-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Pricing
SoloPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #2

This is a GREAT car Pierre is OVER the top ANAL LOL << sorry but if you plan to buy a car from someone, choose the ANAL guy over the nonchalant guy!!

Super clean quick car. Well taken care of.
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:31 AM   #3

That's a rediculous price. I would be willing to pay over 25k for a car like that and that would still be a deal. Someone jump on this asap.
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
SBD

I have been in this car,-Very Nice! Lots of special options and very well maintained.
SBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #5

I'm in Las Vegas. My house is closing in 4 days and I'm moving to a gated community where I can't own my F150, so that's going, too. I won't have the funds until after the 9th. If you still have the car, let's talk a bit. I'm an old man (68) and will probably only drive the car on weekends (Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Spring Mountain Race Track, California Speedway, etc.)

Tom Murphy
Las Vegas
702-823-2238
tfmurphy3@yahoo.com
Poprivit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #6

Awesome Boxster you have!

Maybe I overlooked it, but I'm assuming it's a 6-spd...?
OHBoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHBoxsterS View Post
Awesome Boxster you have!

Maybe I overlooked it, but I'm assuming it's a 6-spd...?
There are pros and cons between the 5 and 6 speed. The 6 speed is stonger, but it weights 50 lbs more. Most of the 3.4 swaps that I am aware of have retained their 5 speed transmission. If you don't abuse the car, the 5 speed works well. Back to your question...my car has the stock 5 speed, and I have never had an issue.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPierre View Post
If you don't abuse the car, the 5 speed works well.
If you don't mind describing, what do you mean by not abusing the 5-speed? WOT runs? Launching hard from a dead stop?
bar10dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bar10dah View Post
If you don't mind describing, what do you mean by not abusing the 5-speed? WOT runs? Launching hard from a dead stop?
Something a teenager would do (dumping the clutch at 6K RPM, no lift speed shifting, improper heel-and-toe, and etc).

I know the 5-speed can take some abuse. A couple of years ago, I was co-driving a friend's 2001 Boxster that was setup for SCCA Solo and ProSolo. It had a tuned 3.4 Cayman motor with launch control and programming for no lift shifting. If I remember correctly, it was putting down 300+ HP at the wheels. The transmission was a stock 5-speed with a LSD. We drove the car pretty hard for a season. The 5-speed held up just fine.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #10

Thanks, good to know.
bar10dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #11

I can tell the op is anal. Just look at the lengthy detailed essay about the car.

Beautiful car and GL with your sale!

06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote