986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2002 Boxster S Lapis Blue/Tan $14000 (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23955)

John H 03-08-2010 07:03 PM

2002 Boxster S Lapis Blue/Tan $14000

My 2002 Boxster S is for sale. Asking $14,000.00. It is Lapis Blue with a blue replacement top with glass rear window with defroster. Tan interior. It has a CD changer that I unhooked and wired in an Ipod cable from Becker. Heated seats. Litronics. 6 speed manual.

I replaced the top last summer. Other updates include a recent water pump, belt, coolant tank and ignition/steering lock replacement. So most of the known problems have already been repaired. I just ordered a new clutch and will be installing it this weekend. The car has 107,000 highway miles and has been my daily driver for the last two years, weather permitting. It has the 17 inch wheels with decent Yokohama's.

My wife did 2 DE's (I have a 993 PCA race car) so it has Pagid's on the front. I will replace them with stock pads if the new owner so desires. Occasionally, they screech but I just never changed them back out. I also have an aftermarket muffler on it but I will include the stock muffler if you want it.

Body is straight and paint is really good given the age/miles. I have a ding on the rear bumper cover that I will either get fixed or negotiate on. I backed my truck with the trailer ball into the car in the driveway.

I'll post pics when I get a chance to take some on something besides my Iphone. If you are interested and want pics, post or pm me your email address.

John H 04-08-2010 12:11 PM

Sorry for not getting back to those of you who responded to the ad. I had a transmission problem and had the 6 speed replaced with a used 6 speed with 60K miles. I also had the clutch and bearing replaced as well while in there.

The car is a daily driver and not perfect. I feel it is very presentable, but as you can imagine with 107K miles, it is not a garage queen and has some blemishes. I feel the price reflect the mileage and condition.

I am going to pick the car up from the shop on Saturday and will try to get it cleaned up and take some pics this weekend. Again, I apologize for the no responses, but I wanted to get it sorted before moving forward.

Pat 04-08-2010 12:17 PM

Thanks for the update, John. I'm now officially in buying mode and look forward to your review of the work and pictures.

schnellman 04-09-2010 05:59 AM

Where?

Looks like OH tags. Where are you? Is the car available to look over?