Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #1

FS: 2000 Boxster S in Alabama

2000 Boxster S, Black/black leather. Borla exhaust, K&N panel filter, otherwise stock.

Mechanical Condition
The car is in great shape – no leaks or anything. The only component I have had to replace was the air flow sensor. The car runs like a top – starts every time with no drama.

Exterior Condition
The car is my daily driver. It has been 100% reliable for the two years that I’ve owned it. As a daily driver, its got a few paint chips on the nose, but nothing you wouldn’t expect from a 66k mile daily driver. There is a 1” x 3” spot on the convertible lid where the previous owner painted over a blemish. I put a Boxster emblem over it + the other side to match. The electric top works great; no leaks.

Interior Condition
Everything is in good shape inside. The airbag warning light is on (solved by a little piece of electrical tape covering it up). According to the dealer, the light is indicating the possible failure of a sensor on the passenger side seatbelt clip – nothing worth fixing, even according to the dealer.

Consumables Condition
I’d estimate that the front tires are at 75% and the rear tires are at 50%. The oil is supposed to be changed every 15,000 miles or so; the oil was changed about 6,000 miles ago. The front brake pads have been on the car for less than 1,000 miles.

Price
I’m looking for $15,000 for the car. PM or e-mail me at bwilson27@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Last edited by bwilson27; 05-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.
bwilson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #2

Anyone interested at $14k for the car?
Old 05-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilson27
Anyone interested at $14k for the car?
To be quite frank $14K seems reasonable for a standard Boxster. It's a steal for a Boxster S. So your car only has 66K miles on it? I'd post some photos to get more interest. Have you thought about putting it on AutoTrader? Sorry, I just bought another Porsche, otherwise I'd be tempted to snatch this one up at this great price.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #4

Sold.

Thanks for the replies!