Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #1

2001 Porsche Boxster S - 48k - Rainforest Green w/ Hardtop - Atlanta

I had the opportunity to purchase fantastic Boxster S at a good price, so I took it. It is an '01 Rainforest car with the Savanna Beige leather interior. It has 48k miles on it and is in excellent condition. It has full maintenance records from day one and has always been taken to Porsche (mainly Jim Ellis Porsche) except for tires and emissions inspections.

The car was optioned with the Comfort Package ($2,090) and Sport Package ($1,560). It originally came with 18" Turbo Twists but the original owner kept them and it has had the 17" wheels ever since the original owner replaced them. Original sticker was $56,872 with the 18" wheels but without the hardtop.

In its condition and with full dealer documentation, I feel this car is better than almost any '01 Boxster S you will find on dealer lots. There will probably be the rare exception from a Certified Porsche. Book values range for the car, with a span of $10k! I believe in the real world the car itself determines its worth, and am willing to entertain reasonable offers. By reasonable I mean do not point me to a salvage titled '00 non-S for 12k and explain to me that my car is only worth $15k. Reasonable means you found a comparable White Boxster S with similar mileage and documentation selling for $20k with no hardtop, but you want green and can offer me $20.5k without the hardtop or $23k with the hardtop included.
I am willing to sell the car without the hardtop if the buyer does not want it. While I am enjoying seeing what the car is like, I am a motivated seller.

The hardtop is OEM Porsche but was repainted from yellow. It was installed onto the car by the local Porsche dealership. The RMS was replaced under warranty a while ago. All 4 CV boots have been replaced. The 45k mile service was just completed. My friend sold it because he purchased a 911 Turbo. He was going to turn it into a track car but decided it was too nice and is building an older BMW instead. Therefore it made no sense to continue to hold onto the Boxster. He found an X5 he wanted and when the dealer dropped the price on it, he wanted to sell in a hurry in order to snag the X5, which is when I picked it up last week.

Please let me know if you have any questions via email at sa.zakiu@gmail.com and I will answer them to the best of my ability or ask him for the answer.

Pictures can be found on Craigslist.

If you know of any other avenues for listing my car, please let me know. I am new to the Porsche world and need to become acquainted with the system and culture! Please excuse my ignorance if I show any.

:troll:

zakiu is offline   Reply With Quote