Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #1

FS: 2001 Lapis Blue Boxster with Cayman like hardtop

I purchased this 2001 Lapis Blue boxster last year. However, I recently injured my back and getting in and out of the car is not working anymore. So I regrettably have decided to sell the Boxster. Car is located in Tampa FL.

This is a one of a kind Porsche. Beautiful Lapis Blue 2001 Porsche Boxster convertible with a removable hard top that replicates the look of a Porsche Cayman for the fraction of what a Cayman costs. Plus the top is removable so you get two cars in one. It takes only 20 minutes to switch from Cayman style coupe to Boxster style roadster.
The top is made by zeintech in South Africa and is one of only a few in the United States. (http://www.zeintec-usa.com/)

Other updates include a sporty rear spoiler custom made by zeintech to enhance the beauty of the car with or without the top. It also has painted side vents and rear bumperettes. (This feature is normally found in 2003 & later Boxsters). 18" Carerra S wheels with nice wide Bridgestone Pole Positions make this car stand out above other every day boxsters and provide instant response and fantastic handling.

Options include: Heated seats, Litronic Headlights, Headlight washers, Cruise Control, Traction Control and more.

This car has been my daily driver for over a year with no problems. Since it gets a daily workout, it could use a good detail and the floor mats are worn and need to be replaced. There are some small scratches and chips, but all have been touched up.

The car has just under 60K miles on it, however the engine was replaced under warranty by Porsche at 33K miles due to a leaking seal on the old engine. The clutch was also replaced at this time and new front pads and rotors where installed at about the same time. Other updates include clear rear taillights, A JVC sirius, CD, MP3 player (or original Porsche 6 disc radio) . Custom radar detector indicator that allows you to run a detector completely hidden from view, and many other upgrades. There is really just too much to list. The history of this car is well documented through the previous owner and myself. It was only involved in one minor accident (backed into by an SUV at Starbucks). The repair was made with new Porsche parts and is well documented. Only the bumper cover and factory spoiler were damaged.

Please email me with any questions or to set up a showing of this unique car. pat.nospam@mac.com

Thanks,
Pat

Last edited by Pat S; 07-20-2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: spelling error
Pat S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #2

Car now listed on e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290247497435

Pat S is offline   Reply With Quote