Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2023, 09:34 AM   #1

Suspension Refresh + Upgrades / M030 Row Question

Starting to get steering wheel vibration at high speeds. My 2000 2.7 is approaching 100k in miles and I'm guessing it's way past due for a full suspension refresh.

I was thinking that while I'm in there, I might as well upgrade the suspension too. I ran into a few dilemmas and wanted to ask the community.

I use my car for canyon drives, about 5-6 autocross events per year, and about 1 hpde per year. Currently all stock on fresh RS4s.

*Note* - I am aware that the upgrades will bump me out of street class in SCCA. I don't really care as I only compete against myself and only attend local events.

First:

This project is going to be costly. It's my weekend car and I will be DIY.

If I broke it up into parts - front, rear, and then shocks/struts last, would I be running into stability issues between projects? Or would it be better to just do it all at the same time?

Second:

I was looking into upgrading the suspension while I was in there. I am highly interested in the FSD/Row M030 set up. I looked everywhere and found that elephant racing has row m030 springs on their website for roughly $584.

At that price, I can essentially make my own M030 row kit myself and be $1000 less then suncoast's $3300 price tag.

Will the drop on the M030 row springs be enough to warrant adjustable rear toe links?

Third:

Is it even worth trying to build my own m030 kit, or should I just go with feal coilovers? Planning on 270/370 spring rates. Are swift springs worth the upgrade for my application?
phook is offline   Reply With Quote