Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2022, 10:40 PM   #1

Element Fire Extinguisher

Hi Folks,

Happy new year to all of you and hope you all enjoyed the holiday season.

I'm wondering if any of you out there have successfully mounted the Element fire extinguisher on your 986, and if yes, where and using which mount?

I'm thinking one of the easiest spaces to mount the Element fire extinguisher is on the factory roll bar but my car is in storage for the season so I have no way of measuring the roll bar's diameter. Hoping some of you guys can chime in on this. Thanks!

Regards,

bcrdukes

Old 01-06-2022, 06:33 PM   #2
Old Car Guy

I have a net (1998) over the engine cover and I just slipped it in without the mounting bracket for easy, hopefully never, extraction.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:01 PM   #3

Element extinguishers are an excellent safety update and super easy to mount... they come w simple clamp bracket (included in the package) which u could zip tie to rollbar. I've mounted one in every vehicle, my boat and in each of my trailers. No expiration, works on all fire types and super compact - pricey compared to traditional canisters but they are super effective and very convenient as well as safe.

Anywho... u want extinguishers EASILY visible and more importantly EASILY accessible. Suggestion would be to get some 3M double-sided (red) trim/body panel adhesive tape and mount in passenger footwell against center console (you could just use a sheet metal screw too)... or for that matter, since so compact, in driver-side footwell against console so even closer just in case...

Good luck
Old 01-15-2022, 10:45 AM   #4

Thanks guys!