Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #1

99 2.5 Spec Boxster (almost) For Sale

1999 Boxster track car. Houston TX area.THIS IS NOT A STREET/DAILY DRIVER CAR. Boxster is 4/5 complete for SpecBoxster racing, or just a great track or autoX car as-is. Owned and built by Lone Star Region Porsche Club Driving Instructor, car has no track incidents or damage. One-owner car was purchased in 2011. 90k miles on chassis. Porsche factory replacement motor at 20k miles, so only 70k on motor.

This car is an absolute blast on the track. With the PSS9s, track tires, brakes and racing shells and harnesses, you can really push the car and dominate the curves.

Work done to date:
Gutted interior and boot panels and carpeting, removed soft top mechanism and motors, removed airbags. Rear wing motor removed and wing in fixed "up" position. Factory Porsche hardtop installed.

The good stuff:
Underneath: Full PSS9 adjustable coilover suspension; Swift springs, H&R sways, Tarrett adjustable links. Factory GT3 adjustable control arms, braided brake lines, racing pads, R888s on factory twist 17" wheels (staggered), lightweight Odyssey racing battery; front and rear tow hooks installed

Inside: Sparco Circuit Pro full containment, HANS driver seat; Sparco Evo passenger seat. Both have Schroth 6 point camlock, HANS-ready harnesses; Sparco suede steering wheel with quick release.

The unfinished/remaining: AC and power windows are still in place. No roll cage yet--factory roll hoops in place. Factory exhaust in place. Lights, blinkers and flashers work.

The bad/ugly: R888s are probably shot. Should get an alignment. Body is in overall good, straight condition but paint is old and scratched a bit; no major dents. Only body issue is minor damage to front right undertray, currently gorilla taped.

OK, if you've read this far you're either interested or just a car nut. Either way, here's the story of the car: I have done track days and instructed with the PCA for about 10 years. My goal with this car was to build my own race car from scratch. Phase One for the project was to get the car into full track-capable mode, but still maintain street legality, until I was ready to get it caged and move to full race car. I got to that point and tracked the car three times: twice at TWS and once at GrandSport. With minor changes, you can cruise to the the track in AC, have a blast, and drive it home. Car is currently registered and insured, but not inspected. Only thing it needs for inspection (that I know of) would be to re-install the emergency brake and a horn button.

Recent service for oil change and go-through at eurocar werk. Front engine mount replaced.

Reason for selling: Kids. My kids both hit the "all sports all the time" phase right about the time I got the car together. I have decided to take a hiatus from the track for a few years to be a football and soccer dad. I hate to sell the car as it was a labor of love--but it's doing no one any good sitting in my garage.

If you're interested in the car, please respond to this ad with an email and a phone number and I will call you. There are a bunch of OE parts and I have some additional upgrade parts I'm going to list separately (underdrive pulley, aluminum pedal set, etc.) As noted in the opening--THIS IS NOT A DAILY DRIVER. You've got to be a track or autocross junkie, or seriously working towards track addict status to be the right buyer for this car. Thanks. Bob 713-825-3226

Pics at Boxster Spec Track/Race Car

Flat6Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #2

Spec Boxster track car for sale

Bump. Pics upon request. Bob@newhouseconsultants.com
Old 02-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #3

Pictures at https://bobnewhouse.smugmug.com/Boxster-Spec-Racer/n-JhLF3/i-R6dCd8r

Asking $11,500

Bob bob@newhouseconsultants.com
Old 06-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #4

Boxster is SOLD! thanks

Boxster has been sold.