Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2016, 06:45 AM   #1

2000 Boxster Recaro Profi XL

I am in the market for racing bucket seats in my 2000 Boxster...has anybody installed XL seats in a Boxster without issue?

Swiftmotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:09 AM   #2

Yes I have, I have 2 of them and love it! Let me reply later with part numbers and my mounting solution.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:34 AM   #3

For the Recaro Profi XL floor mounted, I have mine on the BK R-9075 and 9076 side mounts on the 9044 floor mount with integrated sub bar. Those side mounts have a built in seat belt receptacle adapter. I have the rear mounting hole of the side mount over the rear hole of the floor mount, secured by the bolt that holds the seat to the floor. I got this idea from calling BK, they are great to talk to, and gives me lots of leg and headroom. I love it! Only hassle is when I need to take the firewall cover off as it is very tight. Also nobody can drive the car but me since the seat doesn't adjust

I also had it on a recaro slider for awhile which was good for street driving but going to floor mount gave me a little more leg and headroom.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I also had it on a recaro slider for awhile which was good for street driving but going to floor mount gave me a little more leg and headroom.
Was it a good amount of room created? I'm a little worried as I sit really high in the car if I don't lean the seat back (almost to uncomfortable). Once a cage is added, while much of it will fit in headliner space, I'm really worried I won't have enough room to be comfortable.
ianacole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:50 PM   #5

It was maybe 1/2" to 3/4" lowered and maybe 1" back. With the slider, the top of the seat hit my grey Krause roll at extender right at the spot where it mounts to the roll hoop. Moving to floor mount allowed it to drop just under that and therefore go just a tiny bit further back. If I had removed the bk bar I could have gone further back and had plenty more room. And even without that change, it was still plenty of room. I am 6'2" with 34" inseam for comparison purposes.

Let me get down there tomorrow and take a picture, I may be estimating my measures wrong, but it was a very tiny amount of additional room gained, 1" at max.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #6

Cool! Thanks!! I have a long torso so I have difficulty finding cars that I can fit in. None of my cars have sunroofs for that very reason.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #7

The seat is now back to where the top of the seat is right up to the integral roll hoop, 1/4" or closer and tucked right under the bk mounting area.

On the slider the top of the seat hit that protrusion. Looking at this picture I would say I gained 1" in headroom and 3/4" legroom by floor mounting vs the recaro slider.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:28 AM   #8

Very helpful, thank you.
Swiftmotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:11 PM   #9

Thanks! Is there any danger of contacting that with your helmet?
Old 12-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #10

No, helmet is below that by a good margin, I'll take another picture. And without the helmet my head is way below that...
Old 12-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #11

Great!! Looks like I'll have plenty of room.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftmotoring View Post
I am in the market for racing bucket seats in my 2000 Boxster...has anybody installed XL seats in a Boxster without issue?
Dang dude, I forgot about this, you should have sat in my seats at Roebling, I am sorry I forgot ..