Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2007, 04:58 AM   #1

DPS Motorsport Frustration

Anyone order from DPS Motorsports? The guys in customer service are great, prices good but shipping is extremely slow-weeks from time of order? Anyone else have these problems. Getting to the point of cancelling order and purchasing elsewhere!!

docdyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:37 AM   #2

I am beginning to relate to this. I ordered some parts from them, were shipped very quickly except UPS decided to destroy part of my order. Have been waiting 2+ weeks now for replacement.

I agree though, customer service is excellent. Unfortunately they fail to deliver on their promises.

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #3

I agree with both of you. I wouldn't mind the wait, but they keep telling me that they are shipping my bumper and skirts "tomorrow". But tomorrow comes and I get the same answer, "tomorrow". It's been a month now. If they would have told me up front that it would take 4 weeks, I wouldn't mind so much.

They are very customer friendly though, so I give them some slack. I also have my car put away for the winter so I'm not in any hurry.
porschegeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
promise low, deliver high should be the way of doing things.
but they seem to be talking up the storm and delivering nothing but breeze

o well, if you guys dont mind the wait then it doesnt matter, but i sure wouldnt like that
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #5

OHH GODDD!!!

Well i always defend dps, and have had similar issues. the only reason that i continue to buy from dps, is becuase of pricing, and finish. so really they can take a REASONABLE time to deliver, i don't mind. i have had the biggest issues with them, and still continue to buy.

i think the real problem is the body shop that does the painting for them. this is just from my experience and from what i've gathered. seems like the body shop is another company or at another location. some kind of issue here.....that takes longer to get the parts painted.

oh well i'll still continue to buy from dps, they saved me exactly $1500 on the gt3 bumper. side skirts i bought last year i saved over $500. nuff said!
986Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #6

i dunno, at those prices you are already being ripped off, so getting some $ off is still a good ripoff, but you feel better about getting ripped off IMHO.
damn i used that word 3 times in one sentence

Old 02-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #7

so djomlas,

how much can you get me a factory gt3 bumper for the boxster, painted and shipped across the country?

how much can you get me factory side skirts for the boxster, painted and shipped across the country?

just answer the 2 questions, no extra extra bulls+++.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:05 PM   #8

well...if i got a factory brand new 987 S bumper for $50, i bet i can get a gt3 bumper or skirts for much cheaper than they can rip me off for, and i wont even have to pay for shipping. those prices look the same to me as the dealer prices, which are overpriced for what they are anyways.
as for paint...well any paint place can paint a bumper

not trying to start anything but i just source my parts differently and not accross the country and definitely not waiting few months for a part to get to my house. thats all

in my opinion, if you say soemthign and not do it, and then do it again, and for gods sake do this the whole month, then i dunno.

i always believed that you shoould promise low and give people reasonable time to expect their product delivered, and then REALLY try to ge them before that deadline to get the greatest satisfaction, but cmon tell someone tomorrow for a whole month would just piss me off for people lying in my face on daily bases, no matter how nicely they say it to me, couse all they are doing is lying to you in a nice way

Old 02-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #9

Where in the world did you get a factory bumper for $50?? I can tell you this, a decent (yet cheap) paint job on the skirts and bumper alone would be around $500. I got my skirts and bumper painted and shipped (across the country) for a little over $2000. If you can do better, I'd love to know where....I'll start shopping there for my parts from now on. These parts retail for $3000 unpainted and not including shipping.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:24 PM   #10

i had a SS hood, 2 fenders, and front grille painted red on my old car for 250. perfect match, even for the very unusual shade of red that i had. i dont know if you guys just go to the 1st place u see and pay whatever they tell you or what?
heres a quick pic of the old car, damn i miss that beast
car

Last edited by djomlas; 02-18-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #11

Where did you have them painted? The cost of the paint alone is very expensive. If you can get a special deal, more power to you. But I still do not think you can find us a new OEM GT3 bumper and skirts painted for less than $2000. That is your challenge
Old 02-18-2007, 01:33 PM   #12

just some shop in the area.
i came there w the car, asked how much, they told me some price, i said some other shop was offering me this much, and they said sure well do it for that much, and they painted it. car was in shop for day and half about.
came out washed and cleaned and perfectly matched red.

and as for the GT3 bumper, to be honest im not looking for one nor do want to accept the challenge heheh

but if thats a good deal then its a good deal, and if you got the $ everythigns a good deal

Old 02-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #13

The parts that I ordered are only of about $50 savings. If they told me upfront that shipping would take a couple of weeks that would be fine, but I too was told a few days. When I actually sent a few emails and a phone call to politely complain, they politely told me the delay was due to the holidays. But its near the end of Feb now. While I am probably making an issue out of nothing, it just amazes me that people run a business in this manner. They must make a whole lot of money to put off customer service. My business certainly would not last in this manner.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #14

well dj, sorry to say but you talk ****************. so i could careless about your camero or your 987s bumper that has nothing to do with you getting me a price for the bumper and the side skirts.

far too much non-sense. you don't even know who dps motorsports is, and just commenting for the hell of it.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #15

1. i never said i can get YOU the bumper for any price, i said what i can gtt it for(987 not GT3, i said i didnt look at an GT3 bumpers)
2. its camaro, not camEro
3. DPS might have the prices you like, and i see that you do like them since you bought stuff from there, but im just saying that their 'talk' does not support their actions, at least based on what others said.
thats all.

so you get your stuff at any price you want and i will get mine at my prices.

like i said, im not trying to start aything, its just an oppinion

Old 02-21-2007, 09:55 AM   #16

I give up. After waiting over 3 weeks for my parts, I am asking for a refund.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #17

awww man your killing me. i just put in an order last week for the gt3 bumper. so really i'm never getting it! worst part is that i placed the order, and the next day i was online n this thread was posted...shoot me! i have had similar issues with this company in the past. i just can't beat the prices.

just hold out a couple more days. keep us posted, if you do pull out!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #18

i'll call dayton at dps right now, to check the status on my order! if i get the run around, i swear i'll copy and paste this thread straight to him.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #19

next question....what did you order?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:47 AM   #20
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
For what it's worth, I purchased my Dansk exhaust from DPS, and they delivered it very quickly, with no hassles. They even sold it to me for 25% off their web advertised price. This was almost a year ago though. Maybe things have changed.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote