986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Be on HIGH ALERT for Stolen Boxster Property in California! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9278)

jrdiesel01 01-31-2007 05:24 PM

Be on HIGH ALERT for Stolen Boxster Property in California, with "MUST SEE VIDEO"!!

Dear Forum,

A set of 19" wheels were stolen from my home in Downey Ca. near Los Angeles. The wheels are nineteen inch in diameter, 8.5 and 10" widths with polished centers and lips. Included were chrome center caps with painted crests. The wheels are true 3 piece mesh design much like the HRE 540's.

If the wheels are purchased by a member, by all means their yours to keep. However, I want the person or persons responsible for the stolen property.

As a reward I will include a brand new set of chrome lug nuts for your "new" wheels.

This is the fourth break-in I've had in 2 years. I want to catch these thiefs and put an end to this. I have lost a lot of hard earned, meaningful, irreplaceable items through out this time.

http://www.judgejoebrown.com/calendar/default.asp?dt=1/17/2007
(click on wed. then "take a brief look". thats me.

Please contact me with any information.

Best,

Jr.

jmabasa 01-31-2007 05:41 PM

Did they break in your store?

djomlas 01-31-2007 09:21 PM

sorry to hear that man

one thing comes to my mind as i was reading this: A CAMERA?

cartagena 01-31-2007 10:29 PM

Did KronixSpeed move to California?

blinkwatt 02-01-2007 12:35 AM

Check these sources;

-eBay
-Craigslist
-Porsche Forums

der Geist 02-01-2007 05:35 PM

That is awful. Sounds like someone has you pegged. After 4 break-ins I would be sitting out there with a pit bull AND a 12 guage Remmington 1100 (with heavy game load). Seriously, you should consider an alarm system even if only for your garage. If you already have one in your house you should have the coverage extended to include your garage. Here is a link for a company that sells alarm systems hat you can install yourself. The wireless ones are a bit more but super easy to install.

http://www.mcminone.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=MCMProducts&category%5 Fname=1000041&Page=1

dcporsche99 02-02-2007 04:22 AM

No one was hurt? That's the most important thing! Sorry to hear...will certainly keep an eye out.

But, I would have to agree with der Geist on this one. You might want to invest in an alarm, especially since these guys (if they were the same ones each time, which may be the case) have learned that they can get away with it. If you add an alarm or a "pseudo alarm" it would certainly make them think twice. The "pseudo alarm" is operated by batteries and is sold in your local hardware store (Walmart sells them too) for approximately $20 bucks for 4. They are about 4-5 inches in length and maybe 2-3 inches in width. They have two parts to them-- both held onto the door/ window by 3M tape. Basically, you have to align the two pieces; one to a stationary / fixed part of the window / door and the other to the moving part. Once the sensor detects that the alignment has been removed by the opening of the door/window a high pitched siren goes off ---- this may help to deter those SOBs that have no respect for other people's property. :mad: :mad:

Anyway, as I said before, I will keep an eye out, but IMHO definitely start with Blinkwatt's suggestion as to where to look. If they are petty thieves just trying to make a quick buck they may not be smart enough to realize that you would be looking on those sites.

Well, good luck in finding those !*#&@^#@!!! and your wheels!!

Brucelee 02-02-2007 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdiesel01
Dear Forum,

A set of 19" wheels were stolen from my home in Downey Ca. near Los Angeles. The wheels are nineteen inch in diameter, 8.5 and 10" widths with polished centers and lips. Included were chrome center caps with painted crests. The wheels are true 3 piece mesh design much like the HRE 540's.

If the wheels are purchased by a member, by all means their yours to keep. However, I want the person or persons responsible for the stolen property.

As a reward I will include a brand new set of chrome lug nuts for your "new" wheels.

This is the fourth break-in I've had in 2 years. I want to catch these thiefs and put an end to this. I have lost a lot of hard earned, meaningful, irreplaceable items through out this time.

Please contact me with any information.

Best,

Jr.

Nice to see that LA's finest are on the job!

porsche986spyder 02-02-2007 06:37 AM

Do you have pictures of the rims you can show us?

jrdiesel01 02-03-2007 10:24 AM

"HIGH ALERT" Pass It On!

hello,

no pictures at this time. they are very similar to yours (porsche986Spyder) except they are two step lip and all polished probably a porsche upgrade. the wheel were lightly used and were purchase on ebay a year ago. but i figured i use up the tires on stocks and then purchase new tires for 19's which was going to be real soon. oh well. i dont have an alarm but each time i thought it was the last. im an easy target being i live alone in a quiet residential neighborhood, may you saw me on the judge joe brown show. by the way its my neighbor ripping me off cause i caught them once but i couldnt prove it the other 3 times. here is the link to video. enjoy. click wed. then "take a brief look".

http://www.judgejoebrown.com/calendar/default.asp?dt=1/17/2007

Please check your local area for ebay, craigslist and various sites. it will be greatly appreciated. please pass this reply to your friends and all members.

lets catch these bastards!

best,

jrdiesel01 02-03-2007 10:44 AM

"HIGH ALERT" Pass It On!

hello forum,

please pass the previous reply to at least one other person, if not all.

your help is greatly appreciated.

best,

Jr.

jmabasa 02-03-2007 11:07 AM

Dude, it seems like everyones trying or have stolen from you. Do you have a giant sign saying "Come in and help yourself to whatever you want inside the house"? It's strange that you've been burglarized so many times.