Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 06:53 PM   #1

Angry Heater & AC buttons so cheap

Hi Guys, The + & - signs pealed off the fan control buttons on the Heating & AC unit and i would like to replace them. Wondering if this is possible and where to buy them and has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks Frank

2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
boggtown

All the buttons are connected, sorry. maybe you can contact hella, they make the climate control.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
All the buttons are connected, sorry. maybe you can contact hella, they make the climate control.
Hi,

Actually, the Climate Control unit is made by Audi. It's the same unit they use in several of their models. The AC Compressor is made by Sanden...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
boggtown

Well.... Considering I took my climate controll completely apart and re soldered 27 LEDs, I saw that the circuit board had hella embossed on it. I think its also on the back of the climate control itself, not 100% sure though. So im thinking hella makes it. Unless by some sort of company affiliations ect ect audi owns hella ect ect then your right. Just like a lexus is just a nice toyota and saab is a chevy.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:15 AM   #5

Hi Jonathan, Do you think i can take the climate control apart and repaint the 2 buttons that control the fan speed, the black came off and now i have 2 white spots.

Thanks Jonathan & Jim
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
Well.... Considering I took my climate controll completely apart and re soldered 27 LEDs, I saw that the circuit board had hella embossed on it. I think its also on the back of the climate control itself, not 100% sure though. So im thinking hella makes it. Unless by some sort of company affiliations ect ect audi owns hella ect ect then your right. Just like a lexus is just a nice toyota and saab is a chevy.
Hi,

I don't doubt that Hella makes some of the internal components, especially some of the illumination modules, but the system was designed and is trademarked Climatronic by Audi.

It is used on the A4, A6, as well as the Volkswagen Jetta and Passat (though VW has a proprietary face). See:

Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 01-31-2007 at 07:19 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:45 AM   #7
boggtown

You can take out the "sheet" of buttons and repaint it im sure. But you will have to get tiny plus and minus sign stickers to put on before you paint or else it wont illuminate.