986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dream Colour (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9045)

Y2BOX 01-16-2007 09:22 AM

Dream Colour

Ok....this is your chance....if you could have your Box in any colour what would you have....and why? :cool:

CJ_Boxster 01-16-2007 09:28 AM

Dupont Fleet Metalic Pepper Grey... painted by the boys that paint Boyd Coddingtons rods.

boggtown 01-16-2007 10:01 AM

I liked that rolex green boxster a lot. But other than that color.... itd be either Imola red (BMW) or a royal blue (a super shiny plasticy looking deep blue).

jmabasa 01-16-2007 10:13 AM

I love the Zanzibar Red! :D

bmussatti 01-16-2007 10:13 AM

I love my Carrara White Boxster color...but someday I want an orange Porsche!

jeffsquire 01-16-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2BOX
Ok....this is your chance....if you could have your Box in any colour what would you have....and why? :cool:

Boyd COddington Red. I hear he has a patent on the color through 3m or DuPont or such.

Dr. Kill 01-16-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffsquire

Boyd COddington Red. I hear he has a patent on the color through 3m or DuPont or such.

You can patent a color?!

smagerstein 01-16-2007 10:32 AM

Im with you.

Orange all the way.......maybe not for the Box though

Grizzly 01-16-2007 10:35 AM

Depends on my mood. I always like black/black, but I hate caring for black paint. Today, I like this Carmona Red, but I'd want mine with black top and interior.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...897U710435.jpg

Dr. Kill 01-16-2007 10:37 AM

Black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black black

jeffsquire 01-16-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
You can patent a color?!

I'm not a patent lawyer but I think you can. It's not so much as patenting the color as the composition that makes the color, or something like that. Heck, I don't know. It's a brilliant color. Bright red with a hint of organge, I think.

boggtown 01-16-2007 10:44 AM

You can patent colors. Hence you cant paint your car police blue, ferrari red, lambo orange, ect... You have to own a lambo and get the paint from the dealership to repaint it. You can get around this... But only if you own a lambo dealership, lol. (or a lambo and use the paint for a different car)

MNBoxster 01-16-2007 10:51 AM

Hi,

I probably go for the 24Karat Gold Plated Boxster like the one Visualis commissioned goldsmith and artist Bernd Hoeger to create. I understand that one of the Princes of Brunai now owns it. Imagine the vandalism this would attract...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Dr. Kill 01-16-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

I probably go for the 24Karat Gold Plated Boxster like the one Visualis commissioned goldsmith and artist Bernd Hoeger to create. I understand that one of the Princes of Brunai now owns it. Imagine the vandalism this would attract...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

yeah, that is pretty classy. It needs jewel encrusted rims though to finish off the look.

Dr. Kill 01-16-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffsquire

I'm not a patent lawyer but I think you can. It's not so much as patenting the color as the composition that makes the color, or something like that. Heck, I don't know. It's a brilliant color. Bright red with a hint of organge, I think.

Yeah, that makes sense.
Avarus animus nullo satiatur lucro

Bavarian Motorist 01-16-2007 11:38 AM

No question here.

The charcoal-like, metallic black...is it called basalt?

It's gorgeous.

Probably not as hard to maintain as regular black.

CJ_Boxster 01-16-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
yeah, that is pretty classy. It needs jewel encrusted rims though to finish off the look.

You can get them from Asanti

z12358 01-16-2007 11:49 AM

Black, non-metallic.
Each time I see a nicely detailed car in black I appreciate that model a bit more than before. It rarely happens with any other color.

Y2BOX 01-16-2007 12:45 PM

Well...so far Im with Orange....we need more COLOUR!! :troll:

boggtown 01-16-2007 12:54 PM

Its not my fault its big, I sent a resized image way before you said that. So thanks for bringing it to my attention. It will be fixed whenever Rkwei gets to it.