Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #1

Ready for Bumper #3

Well, I just ripped another crumpled bumper off, so the car can go to the bodyshop tomorrow. I'm really getting good at it. This will be my third front bumper (2nd 996 bumper) since I bought the car. I hope this one stays nice longer than the last one. We're going to shoot the whole front clip this time to erase some stone chips and a ding on one of the fenders.

...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet

Last edited by Grizzly; 12-13-2006 at 06:19 PM.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:32 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
how come u had to go trough so many of them? too low?
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #3

OMG, Grizz is that a Mach 1 green monster next to the box? Holy Schnap...for the love of pete...you just climb up all the way to the top of my cool people list more pix, please
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
how come u had to go trough so many of them? too low?
No DJ, it keeps getting hit. The original bumper got clipped when the car was parked at my wife's office, so I changed it out. This one was backed into by what looked to be a trailer hitch. Hopefully, this one will stay in one piece.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #5

Looking on the bright side, your radiators look really clean. Nice garage! What cars are on and under the lift?
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
damn man, they werent fixable?
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #7

Uncle, you just got me yelled at, dude. The exterior picture, of course I already had. I ran downstairs to get an interior and engine shot for you, and Mrs. Grizzly's like "WTF!!! Go to sleep!!!"

They just don't understand.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
boggtown

Thats how my car looked this morning. I took my GT3 bumper off and put the stock one on in about 20 minutes. I dont put the screws that youd need to take the wheel liner out back in, it doesnt effect it any and it saves 30 minutes of jacking and ect...
Old 12-13-2006, 07:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Boxster98
Looking on the bright side, your radiators look really clean. Nice garage! What cars are on and under the lift?
Thanks for the garage compliment. I'm hoping to do some work to spruce it up over the winter. On the lift is a Fox Body Thunderbird with a 331 stroker and a Lentech AOD. Under it is a '94 Mustang GT convertible, bone stock with 9,000 original miles. Behind the Boxster is a '67 Porsche 912, completely disassembled. If I can remember how it goes back together, it'll be a friggin' miracle.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #10

Thanks a bunch! It look so clean...hands down to you, dude! I'm drooling...

yap, they don't understand! I almost got my hand into one of these few years back but she said a house w/ a garage first and next thing you knew after i got her the house, daughter goes to college, son in h/s and one grade school and i forgot about it already not till I saw the green monster again can't wait to show it to wifey

BTW..it's Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Uncle, you just got me yelled at, dude. The exterior picture, of course I already had. I ran downstairs to get an interior and engine shot for you, and Mrs. Grizzly's like "WTF!!! Go to sleep!!!"

They just don't understand.

unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #11

Grizzly, very nice man, Thats exactly what I want my garage to be like when I get a house.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01slowbox
Grizzly, very nice man, Thats exactly what I want my garage to be like when I get a house.
Take my word for it, it's far too narrow. I built the garage onto an existing house in an older neighborhood, and could only go 20 ft wide, even with a variance. You gotta go 24 ft wide at least to be comfortable. 28 or 30 would be better.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:49 AM   #13
boggtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Take my word for it, it's far too narrow. I built the garage onto an existing house in an older neighborhood, and could only go 20 ft wide, even with a variance. You gotta go 24 ft wide at least to be comfortable. 28 or 30 would be better.
28 or 30 ft?? just go ahead and say it... 28 or 30 YARDS would be better.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
28 or 30 ft?? just go ahead and say it... 28 or 30 YARDS would be better.
Oh, no question, but I'd have to tear down the house next door. That would be expensive. Now, if the County would let me leave the owners inside while I tore it down, I'd seriously consider it.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #15

Sweet rides! I just sold a '68 Camaro RS/SS that was restored. Made a few bucks on it, ended up buying this boxster. Cool factor probably down a smidge having the boxster over the Camaro, but I couldn't take the little transmission or oil leaks. Wasn't the original engine, but damn it would haul! Here's some pics. Oh, sweet garage. You should consider epoxy painting your garage floor. I did it to mine and it's the difference between night and day. Your floor also won't get stained from leaks. (Not to say your cars are leaking) but it show cases your cars that much more too. I used an epoxy kit from Lowes to do mine. I'll have to take some pics of the floor.

99BoxsterATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:19 PM   #16

Man that's a sweet Camaro! I particularly love the way the exhaust dumps out behind the rear wheel. All business, no fanfare. I want to do something similar with my T-Bird. Right now, it has the Mustang LX type stainless exhaust. Too flashy. I want something more subtle that doesn't immediately give away my secrets.

I had a red epoxy floor in my last garage. I loved my epoxy floor. Best garage improvement project, ever. I'm negotiating with a RaceDeck representative right now to do tile this time. I need 1000 sq ft, so I have to make a great deal or it's not going to happen. If not, I'll happily do the epoxy again.

The Sunoco sign and lamps you see are just the beginning. I'm restoring two 1939 Sunoco gas pumps that will go on either side of the archway. Then my brother and I are going to tile that wall to look like the front of an old porcelain service station. Then, if my wife doesn't kill me in my sleep, I want to get a glass garage door like the old service stations would have had between the front and rear garages. The net effect would be that you are looking at an old service station with cars in the service bays. With that door closed, it would also keep over-spray, glass bead, sanding dust, etc. from getting on the cars in the front garage.

Last edited by Grizzly; 12-14-2006 at 05:22 PM.