Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2024, 10:05 AM   #1

BC Racing BR vs Bilstein PSS9

Hey guys, I'm finally ready to buy some suspension, but I'm still torn between a couple of options.

For those who feel like they are experiencing deja vu, I've asked similar questions in the past about suspension options for the 986, but this should be the last time as I've made the decision that I am choosing coilovers, primarily for their adjustability and my desire to have my Boxster be a dailyable street car 90% of the time, and a stiff race car 10% of the time.

I'm trying to understand the differences between the BC Racing BR series coilovers and the Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, as they seem to be the only real options to choose from for the 986 Boxster.

I know the PSS9s get a lot of love here, but I've heard negative reviews of Bilstein as a brand in the last few years and the extra $1,000 or so is not chump change. I only paid $5k for my 986 so spending half it's value on suspension feels excessive, even if it isn't.

I'm guessing most people here only have experience with one set or the other, but any insight would be helpful as I am probably a week or so away from pulling the trigger and making an actual purchase.

Cheers!