Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 05:49 AM   #1
KronixSpeed

The Boxster Turkey #2

:chicken: http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/17/car-sales-down-forbeslife-vehicles-cx_dl_1120turkey_slide.html?partner=rss

Old 11-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #2

Hi,

I've been saying this for months. The decline in sales isn't just from last year either. Boxster sales have declined every year since 2001.

There's a lot of viable competition out there in the two-seat drop-top niche. Perhaps not point-for-point, but at least in the buyers' minds. I think reliability has a lot to do with this.

Hang on to em boys! I suspect that the Boxster is either in for a major redesign, or Porsche will add it to their Endangered Species list. They're into Profit more than they're into Sports Cars. If the Panamera takes off, you might see them shift toward the SUV, Sport Sedan market with the venerable 911 as their only Sports Car offering...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 11-28-2006 at 11:28 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
KronixSpeed

very true. i can seem them completly taking away the boxster, maybe that's why they made the cayman. there are a ton of roadsters in that category and even more low budget convertibles. seems everything is a convertible now a days...vw jetta convertibles, pontiac g convertibles a ton that the boxster may not be able to compete with in the future.