986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   No problems!! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8284)

Adam 11-20-2006 10:27 PM

No problems!!

I want to start a new thread that hasn't EVER been started I believe. How many of you boxster owners out there have had zip zero problems with their car like me?

bmussatti 11-21-2006 02:58 AM

I am good-to-go!

z12358 11-21-2006 03:20 AM

You should've named this "The Jinxing Thread". :)

jeffsquire 11-21-2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
I want to start a new thread that hasn't EVER been started I believe. How many of you boxster owners out there have had zip zero problems with their car like me?

I think you should qualify your question eliminating maintence problems occuring or expected to occur during the normal course of the Boxster's life. For example. MAF are always going to be an issue yet they may arise before a scheduled maintenance cycle.

BoxsterSbob 11-21-2006 06:08 AM

Hi, I've run up about 14K miles with out any issues :)

I'm not counting the one self repairing phantom radio issue I had sometime during the first year.

Bob
'04S
BMC
Borla

Perfectlap 11-21-2006 06:19 AM

Adam, How often do you drive your Boxster and how many miles have you put on it each year?

Grizzly 11-21-2006 06:33 AM

Other than my idiot Brother-in-Law breaking the top, we've had no problems.

KronixSpeed 11-21-2006 07:21 AM

You best better knock on some thick wood!!!!

CJ_Boxster 11-21-2006 07:32 AM

Ill knock on a sheet of Particle Board... different woods in one sheet so theres a higher chance of me knocking on the correct wood for luck.

joshuaalbert 11-21-2006 08:14 AM

Purchased a '99 in May of this year. 5,000 hassle-free and joyful miles.

MartinJ 11-21-2006 08:14 AM

9K miles no problems.

Adam 11-21-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
Adam, How often do you drive your Boxster and how many miles have you put on it each year?

I put around 5k a year on it. It has 19k miles on it now and I picked it up back on September 2003.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KronixSpeed
You best better knock on some thick wood!!!!

Lol, I'm not superstitious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffsquire

I think you should qualify your question eliminating maintence problems occuring or expected to occur during the normal course of the Boxster's life. For example. MAF are always going to be an issue yet they may arise before a scheduled maintenance cycle.

I'm talking about non-maintence related problems. For instance changing your air-filter isn't considered a problem. I think the biggest problem(if you could call it that) is that my clutch sqeeks slightly when compressed...oh and the radio quit working one day but has been fine ever since. Not things I would consider noteworthy problems.

YellowJacket 11-21-2006 09:43 AM

By the way, I think it's hilarious that people are so proud to go 5k, 10k, 15k miles with no problems. I hope the Honda and Toyota forums don't catch wind of this thread or we'll be some good comedic relief for those guys!

That being said, I've now daily-driven my Boxster for 2 years (30k miles), and while I can't claim NO problems, I can say no DRIVETRAIN problems. The only 2 things I've had to replace are a window regulator and window motor, within about 2 weeks of each other (oddly, not on the same window).

jeffsquire 11-21-2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
I think the biggest problem(if you could call it that) is that my clutch sqeeks slightly when compressed...oh and the radio quit working one day but has been fine ever since. Not things I would consider noteworthy problems.

--_________________________

We warned you!! It's starting already. Start knocking on that wood really hard!!

djomlas 11-21-2006 09:55 AM

5k miles. that like saying i walked to the garage and nothing happened to me :)
tooo funny, omg, seriously. 5k miles.
ok ill stop

the only problem that i experienced was messed up window regulator, 200 bux installed fixed it. other than that its all good, i hope i last another 5 k miles :)

unklekraker 11-21-2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffsquire
--_________________________

We warned you!! It's starting already. Start knocking on that wood really hard!!

so jeff, is that a piece of advise or being cruel...heheheheh, j/k :dance:

smagerstein 11-21-2006 10:23 AM

I have had my box now for 3 weeks. done 2k miles of joyful driving.

Has 32000k miles on it...feels tight as and sounds perfect

what a great car these are.

I cant believe that people strees so much about problems...If the s*** goes bang, well then we fix it. Who cares.

If you cant afford emergency repairs on this sort of a car then you shouldnt buy one I say.

Try owning a 928....I did. OMG talk about fixing problems but hey. Still smiled everytime I drove it and always had to turn back for a second look at it when locking it away.

The joys of owning a porsche.

bosxter7 11-21-2006 10:38 AM

Mine has *********141000KM******** on it. The air bag lite came on, after I went throught the car wash, 2 weeks ago. also the part that pumps air in to the exhaust died that was 900$ :ah: Thats all. Its not first car so I will not whine. lol

YellowJacket 11-21-2006 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosxter7
Mine has 141000k on it. The air bag lite came on, after I went throught the car wash, 2 weeks ago. also the part that pumps air in to the exhaust died that was 900$ :ah: Thats all. Its not first car so I will not whine. lol

141000k miles? So that's 141,000,000 miles on a Boxster? Indeed, this is good news for those of us planning on driving our cars for the next millenium (or passing it down to our great great great great*10 grandkids!). :-)

Just kidding, seriously, though -- 141k with minor problems is great to see!

David N. 11-21-2006 12:10 PM

I think he meant 141,000 kilometers. What is that, about 85,000 miles?

BTW, I'm guessing the reason nobody has a great deal of miles on their Boxster to report is becuase if they were out there driving and putting on lots of miles they wouldn't have time to yap about it on forums like we do:)

-David