986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How many boxster's stored for the winter! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8118)

KronixSpeed 11-08-2006 11:32 AM

How many boxster's stored for the winter!

I was missing my car today. I was checking the weather forcast for tomorrow and it's gonna be such a beautiful day +16 celcius. For a November day that's amazing weather down here in Canada.

Wanted to see who else has stored there boxster for the winter and are already missing there cars.

unklekraker 11-08-2006 11:52 AM

To start..I will store my box as soon as it starts raining and i think I got few more weeks left...
It's about 72 & Sunny here right now and Kronix, my 1 hour drive today with the top down will be for you :cheers:

David_J 11-08-2006 11:58 AM

I will not be storing mine. I figure what's the point in having a fun car if you are not going to use it. Now if I lived somewhere that was covered with snow for the winter, I might reconsider. But here in Seattle, we just have some really rainy days. Rain doesn't hurt the car, so I drive it as much as possible.

I'm also the type to not winterize my boat. Again, if I paid that much for a boat, I want to be able to use it anytime of the year. And yes, I have taken my boat out at xmas time when it was about 34 degrees out. That's what heavy coats are for.

-David

Sammy 11-08-2006 12:18 PM

I'm only a few days from finishing off the storage procedure and I'm already feeling the pain. Thank God for the car cover because I don't think I could look Nicole in the face for the next 4 months! :(

1JB 11-08-2006 12:21 PM

I'm in SE Pennsylvania and won't store it. We get snow but at most it may mean I won't drive for a couple of weeks. Now I know I will eat those words and the ice age will begin this winter.

BuffaloBoxster 11-08-2006 12:22 PM

I'm close too. I've got to get it cleaned up first,

I got caught out in the Buffalo blizzard a few weeksa ago with it :(

TriGem2k 11-08-2006 12:36 PM

Mine is stored Monday's - Friday's, and comes out with a blaze of glory Saturday's and Sunday's.

drburton 11-08-2006 12:45 PM

My baby hits storage on Nov 17th - coming soon!

jeffsquire 11-08-2006 12:57 PM

I'm still debating this issue with my wife. We get enough snow here that the ground gets covered in Late Nov/ early Dec, and we wont see it again until march/April. Yet the roads can be "clean" and clear allowing for "maintenance" driving. This is such a tough decision

Right now we have 40/50 degree weather and I still ride with the top down. No problem. I recall living in Germany for many years and seeing Porsches driving in snow, etc. Temps and snow there comparable to us here in Mid-Michigan.

What am I going to do?!! :eek:

blinkwatt 11-08-2006 01:05 PM

Store it????????? Never!!!!! Here in Sacramento it never snows,the only weather conditions I have to worry about are strong winds + rain=back end could easily kick out on me. When that weather comes around I drive the "Red Dragon"....a red 96' Nissan Quest with 210k on it and still driving. :)

Travis 11-08-2006 01:16 PM

Hmmmmm store it for the winter in Houston Texas???

That's the best time to be driving it, during the summer is too dang hot ;)

:cheers:

djomlas 11-08-2006 01:18 PM

Never! :)

Travis 11-08-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
Never! :)

You either have big "snow" balls or you are totaly mad ;)

http://986forum.com/forums/attachmen...tid=4506&stc=1

super66 11-08-2006 01:45 PM

never as well! I had snow tires last winter and cruised not a problem....best of all today I put down the dop as it was close to 65 here in Chicago.....I love love love my car!

Sammy 11-08-2006 01:56 PM

More power to you guys for driving in the winter... :)

For me it's a matter of I don't want to hand wash my vehicle when it's 50 freakin' degrees below zero outside!!! :mad:

cartagena 11-08-2006 02:06 PM

It must suck living in Canada. hahahaha!!!!! :cheers: :D :dance:

djomlas 11-08-2006 02:21 PM

50 degrees in chicago is top down season.... :)

MNBoxster 11-08-2006 06:03 PM

Hi,

For me it's a no-brainer. We'll see permanent snow here in the next 3-4 weeks, and the roads are always full of salt until late April.

Are there some days in-between when you could drive the car? I suppose you could take the car out, but you can't really drive it, so what's the point?

I'd rather store it, keep the miles lowered and really be able to drive it when I can...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

airboxster 11-08-2006 06:30 PM

Stored last Sunday for the winter. Drive a Mini Cooper S in winter. Nothing like the Boxster S but I will make due.
The storage procedure has the tires at 50 psi. What's it like to drive the Boxster a couple of times in the winter on clear days with this much air in the tires? Or do you deflate for the drive and then pump them back up when you put it away again?

djomlas 11-08-2006 08:10 PM

you know its suprising, b4 i even got the car, last winter i saw at least 20 boxsters being driven trough a storm and shortly after it as well when the roads have cleared.
guess people cant stop driving them, and ill be driving mine too :)

yey chicago :cheers: