986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Suncoast Aerolit (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80910)

97gtaboxter 06-19-2021 06:06 AM

Suncoast Aerolit

Suncoast Porsche parts has an aero kit for
$2995 on their website. They won’t give me part numbers. Is this kit for real? OEM Bumper alone goes for 6k in other places. Has anyone purchased this??

Pirate50 06-19-2021 09:08 AM

I would assume this to be real as Suncoast is reputable. I purchased the Aerokit II side skirts on a one dale sale they had a couple years ago and they were perfectly new OEM pieces, and a killer deal at about $700 (can't remember exact price).It says special order, ships from Germany so sounds like OEM. Call them and ask if the kit contains only OEM pieces. Make sure you pick the kit you want as there is two different kits, one for 97-02 and one for 03-04. Bumper covers will work on either generation, side skirts will also, but mount differently ( 03-04 mounts much easier), rear wings are specific to generation (would need to change trunk lid to make it work). Also notice if you are wanting the 97-02 kit it is $1400 more than the 03-04 Gen II kit. Hope this helps.

97gtaboxter 06-21-2021 07:06 AM

I spoke to a rep at Suncoast and he says this kit is indeed OEM. I am not from the U.S. and I am from Canada so I don't know about their reputation. No one else I have contacted has a similar kit. The kit includes front bumper, side skirts and rear spoiler.

For some reason, Suncoast refuses to give me part numbers.

Has anyone on this forum purchased this kit and confirm its authenticity further? I called Pelican and the front bumper is $6000 alone so I just don't want to buy anything to have to return it.

This is the link for the kit

https://www.********************************************** ******.com/product/SKU9862AEROKIT.html

Cunningr 06-21-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97gtaboxter (Post 637766)
I spoke to a rep at Suncoast and he says this kit is indeed OEM. I am not from the U.S. and I am from Canada so I don't know about their reputation. No one else I have contacted has a similar kit. The kit includes front bumper, side skirts and rear spoiler.

Has anyone on this forum purchased this kit and confirm its authenticity further? I called Pelican and the front bumper is $6000 alone so I just don't want to buy anything to have to return it.

https://www.********************************************** ******.com/product/SKU9862AEROKIT.html

I cant vouch for the kit in question, but I have purchased several items from Sun Coast with no issue.

986 Boxster 06-21-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97gtaboxter (Post 637766)

I`m in Canada also, and I`ve order from Suncoast a few times. 1st time I bought Porsche emblem, valve stem caps, headlight wrench, etc. 2nd time I bought door sills, spin lock inserts, etc., and all items were OEM, Porsche made in Germany and packaged. Some items were not in stock and had to be ordered from Germany, they will e-mail you if the item is not in stock. They do sell some non OEM parts, but if the Suncoast Rep. told you that it`s OEM, it probably is. Go to the ABOUT US on their site and you can read more about them. I wait until I need a few items before I order, like that shipping is a lot cheaper, they will ship everything in one package, and fast shipping too, if the item is in stock. You still have to pay for customs and tax, depending where you are in Canada. GST for me + customs. Delivery company will call you before delivering the items so you can pay the tax and customs upfront.

lkchris 06-22-2021 11:59 AM

You'll note that if your 986 is pre 2003, the price is + $1400.

Javi Cooper 06-22-2021 12:35 PM

Another forum member (9864ever) and I went back and forth with Suncoast last year as we were planning on buying the kit between both of us and splitting it with what each of us needed (side skirts and rear wing for me, front bumper for him). AFAIK, it is the legit OEM Aerokit shown in the photo as personally verified and even guaranteed by one of Suncoast's employees.

As mentioned above, it's an extra $1,400 if you have a pre-facelift 986 because you need the newer trunk lid to install the rear wing. However, I don't see why you couldn't adapt the wing to the older trunk lid. I really don't know if it's possible but I would try that first.

Now this is going to make you mad but when we were talking about buying it the kit was on sale for $1,995. I recently (as in two weeks ago) contacted Suncoast to see if they could honor that price but they said it's Porsche parts department in Germany who sets the pricing :mad: I regret not doing the deal. That said, $3k is still a great price. It cost way more than that when they were new.

Anyway, if you decide to get the whole kit and would like to trade the side skirts for OEM Aerokit 1 side skirts let me know. I have the 1's skirts and would like to change them to the 2's.

Javi Cooper 06-22-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate50 (Post 637667)
..... I purchased the Aerokit II side skirts on a one dale sale they had a couple years ago and they were perfectly new OEM pieces, and a killer deal at about $700 ......

Man I would've jumped on that in a heartbeat. Do you remember when was this sale (Memorial Day, Black Friday, etc)?

97gtaboxter 06-22-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javi Cooper (Post 637891)
Another forum member (9864ever) and I went back and forth with Suncoast last year as we were planning on buying the kit between both of us and splitting it with what each of us needed (side skirts and rear wing for me, front bumper for him). AFAIK, it is the legit OEM Aerokit shown in the photo as personally verified and even guaranteed by one of Suncoast's employees.

As mentioned above, it's an extra $1,400 if you have a pre-facelift 986 because you need the newer trunk lid to install the rear wing. However, I don't see why you couldn't adapt the wing to the older trunk lid. I really don't know if it's possible but I would try that first.

Now this is going to make you mad but when we were talking about buying it the kit was on sale for $1,995. I recently (as in two weeks ago) contacted Suncoast to see if they could honor that price but they said it's Porsche parts department in Germany who sets the pricing :mad: I regret not doing the deal. That said, $3k is still a great price. It cost way more than that when they were new.

Anyway, if you decide to get the whole kit and would like to trade the side skirts for OEM Aerokit 1 side skirts let me know. I have the 1's skirts and would like to change them to the 2's.

I am not interested in the rear spoiler so the rep told me to purchase the kit for $2995 and I can sell the rear spoiler if I choose.

So this is a GT3 bumper right? Part number should be 996.505.983.01... However, very weird I got a quote from another vendor and the part number showed 996.505.980.02G2X.

Anyone know the difference?

Pirate50 06-22-2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javi Cooper (Post 637894)
Man I would've jumped on that in a heartbeat. Do you remember when was this sale (Memorial Day, Black Friday, etc)?

I don't think it was any special day that I recall. I had been thinking about purchasing them at full price but never seemed able to pull the trigger. I would check the site every couple of days thinking about it and one day the price was suddenly around $700 and it said closeout. I kind of panic purchased thinking maybe they weren't going to be available anymore and didn't want to miss out. After I finished the purchase I thought (Holy crap I hope these are OEM and I didn't make a mistake), so I logged back on the page to read the ad again and it showed them at full price again. So I think maybe they ordered them in for someone who backed out and they had them in inventory and wanted to get rid of them. They arrived in about a week from Florida not Germany. I just got lucky I think.

azlvr 06-23-2021 11:03 AM

Can anyone show the difference between the 2 side skirts with pictures? Thanks

Javi Cooper 06-23-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate50 (Post 637911)
I don't think it was any special day that I recall. I had been thinking about purchasing them at full price but never seemed able to pull the trigger. I would check the site every couple of days thinking about it and one day the price was suddenly around $700 and it said closeout. I kind of panic purchased thinking maybe they weren't going to be available anymore and didn't want to miss out. After I finished the purchase I thought (Holy crap I hope these are OEM and I didn't make a mistake), so I logged back on the page to read the ad again and it showed them at full price again. So I think maybe they ordered them in for someone who backed out and they had them in inventory and wanted to get rid of them. They arrived in about a week from Florida not Germany. I just got lucky I think.

Thanks. Now I'm going to be checking out their site every day, as if I didn't spend enough time online already looking for parts :D

Javi Cooper 06-23-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azlvr (Post 637923)
Can anyone show the difference between the 2 side skirts with pictures? Thanks

Aerokit 1:

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1398187442.jpg

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1356638905.jpg

Aerokit 2:

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1581430320.jpg

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads02...1581430331.jpg

azlvr 06-23-2021 05:23 PM

Anybody have part numbers for rocker mounting hardware Aero II?