Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2006, 01:59 PM   #1

Installed my short shifter today

When I pulled the center console out I found a mans gold wedding ring. I went to my buddys lot and tried to run down the previous owner with no luck. I love the shifter by the way! Took me 2 1/2 hours but I took my time and didnt want to half ass it.

Picture of work in progress, I didnt take a finished photo because it looked just like the factory shifter when I reistalled the boot and knob.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:06 PM   #2

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
oh man thats crazy, If you can goto the p-dealer you can see the carfax report of there the car was first purchased, you can call the dealer and tell them the situation, give them the vin and ask them to call the previous owner and inquire if they lost a ring.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:05 PM   #3

I wouldn't try too hard to return it. It may do more harm than good. We have no idea what the guy told his wife about where he lost it and why he took it off in the first place.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
I wouldn't try too hard to return it. It may do more harm than good. We have no idea what the guy told his wife about where he lost it and why he took it off in the first place.

True huh, Sorta like when Marcy Roads lost her wedding ring down a strippers pants.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 10-31-2006, 03:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
My wife said he probably took it off when he was cheating on his wife.... I said OR he took it off when he went to the gym. Sheesh she thinks the worse
Old 10-31-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
bmussatti

Ohio, no "check shifter" lights I hope??!!

When are you taking Randall out? Did you warn him to bring clean underware? You are going to scare the poop out of him with your high-HP short-shifting monster!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #7
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
My wife said he probably took it off when he was cheating on his wife.... I said OR he took it off when he went to the gym. Sheesh she thinks the worse
When I replaced my console with a painted one, I found about 20 quarters down there. Apparently, if you leave anything small in the ashtray of the console, it will get thrown down there in turns. Maybe the guy just put it in there for some reason (working on the car or on another woman ).

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
lol, funny how wifes think in the worst case senerio when it comes to men, while we think alittle more positive...Like maybe he took it off while he drove so it doesnt mark up his shift knob....

but Chances are he was cheating on his wife and then beat the hooker to death for stealing his ring. jk

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 10-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Ohio, no "check shifter" lights I hope??!!

When are you taking Randall out? Did you warn him to bring clean underware? You are going to scare the poop out of him with your high-HP short-shifting monster!
No shift light! Im taking Randall on the 19th. I dont want to scare him too bad
but he may look like this and then do this
Old 10-31-2006, 04:11 PM   #10

oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Hey, whose short shifter is it anyway? Schnell? B&M? Che's budget variety?

I have the budget variety and I'm gonna do the install soon now that I got my tranny gear oil replaced and it shifts so much smoother.

I also have a brand spanking new e-brake handle in black leather that I bought on Ebay a week after I got my car two years ago to install at the same time. And get this...

I paid $9 plus $6 for shipping and handling for it from eBay. The seller was some woman who, when asked about its condition, emailed me and told me it was in the garage and her husband said she could put anything she found on Ebay if she liked... it was a no reserve auction with a $9 starting price and no other bidders because it ended at 4 am Pacific time.

So, for 15 bucks I will have a new e-brake that has no wear on the leather and no cracks in the top of the plastic where it has been stressed so much. I'm thinking he wasn't nearly as happy about the sale as I was about the purchase.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Hey, whose short shifter is it anyway? Schnell? B&M? Che's budget variety?

I have the budget variety and I'm gonna do the install soon now that I got my tranny gear oil replaced and it shifts so much smoother.

I also have a brand spanking new e-brake handle in black leather that I bought on Ebay a week after I got my car two years ago to install at the same time. And get this...

I paid $9 plus $6 for shipping and handling for it from eBay. The seller was some woman who, when asked about its condition, emailed me and told me it was in the garage and her husband said she could put anything she found on Ebay if she liked... it was a no reserve auction with a $9 starting price and no other bidders because it ended at 4 am Pacific time.

So, for 15 bucks I will have a new e-brake that has no wear on the leather and no cracks in the top of the plastic where it has been stressed so much. I'm thinking he wasn't nearly as happy about the sale as I was about the purchase.

Randall, what tranny oil did you use? Mobil 1 or one of the others like Red Line or Royal Purple??

Have fun with Ohioboxster and eat a light meal that day!!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #12

Its the budget brand but looks like a quality piece.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #13

What color is your car?

This may have been the prior owner fishing around just before he sold the Box.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:55 PM   #14

Bmussatti: I went with the 75W90 Royal Purple. My mechanic recommended it as the best he'd used, and liked it more than the Mobil 1. It was 9.99 a bottle and I got three, only needing about 2.25 bottles I think.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:57 PM   #15
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Bmussatti: I went with the 75W90 Royal Purple. My mechanic recommended it as the best he'd used, and liked it more than the Mobil 1. It was 9.99 a bottle and I got three, only needing about 2.25 bottles I think.

Hans did you right!!