986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   When the motorcycle is in the shop... :) (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7953)

Sammy 10-27-2006 04:43 PM

When the motorcycle is in the shop... :)

This is where you'll find NickCats when his Harley is out for service... :D

unklekraker 10-27-2006 05:15 PM

dude...that's really funny :D :D :D
there's no way that's NickCats :eek: :eek:

NickCats 10-27-2006 05:25 PM

Dude, you know me so well ! Wrong bike, though...

Sammy 10-27-2006 05:33 PM

That picture is awesome!!! :)

The bike reminds me of the battery powered Harley I bought my nephew...

Brucelee 10-27-2006 06:25 PM

It is TERRIBLE when the bike is not available.

NickCats 10-27-2006 07:31 PM

Our local Harley dealer offers a sweet deal which I have taken advantage of with my last two bikes. They add up all the service for 30k miles ( bike goes in every 2,500 miles ), knock off 20%, and throw in a free rental when your bike is being worked on, so you are never without a ride or have to worry about getting someone to take you to drop the bike off. You pay for the service contract up front, and it includes priority service on your bike :D

This is a win / win for the dealer. It insures you will get your service done at their location, plus it is a great way to upsell the customer. I had a $14k Softail, and every time I dropped my bike off they gave me a touring bike. I liked it so much that after 3 years I got a $19k Road Glide.

Imagine if Porsche took this approach to service rentals ? Bring in a Boxster, dealer gives you a Boxster S, bring in a Cayman, dealer gives you a Cayman S, etc. Seems like a great sales tactic to me :p

Nick

unklekraker 10-27-2006 07:49 PM

that's a GREAT IDEA, Nick! You should collect enough signature and bring it to the board :rolleyes:

here's my 2 signature: :dance: :cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickCats
Imagine if Porsche took this approach to service rentals ? Bring in a Boxster, dealer gives you a Boxster S, bring in a Cayman, dealer gives you a Cayman S, etc. Seems like a great sales tactic to me :p

Nick

Brucelee 10-28-2006 06:47 AM

Quote:

Our local Harley dealer offers a sweet deal which I have taken advantage of with my last two bikes. They add up all the service for 30k miles ( bike goes in every 2,500 miles ), knock off 20%, and throw in a free rental when your bike is being worked on, so you are never without a ride or have to worry about getting someone to take you to drop the bike off. You pay for the service contract up front, and it includes priority service on your bike :D

This is a win / win for the dealer. It insures you will get your service done at their location, plus it is a great way to upsell the customer. I had a $14k Softail, and every time I dropped my bike off they gave me a touring bike. I liked it so much that after 3 years I got a $19k Road Glide.

Nick

I wish your Harley dealer were closer to me!

NickCats 10-29-2006 08:19 AM

Bruce,

Wish I was in Carlsbad !

I grew up about 45 miles from there ( El Cajon ).

I would give my left ear for top down driving year 'round :D

Nick

Brucelee 10-29-2006 11:34 AM

Quote:

Bruce,

Wish I was in Carlsbad !

I grew up about 45 miles from there ( El Cajon ).

I would give my left ear for top down driving year 'round :D

Nick

You know, I have been in many parts of the world but I don't think you can top San Diego weather.

It is outdoor heaven, but alas, the Freeways suck!

Sammy 12-03-2006 06:07 PM

NickCats,

Once the weather warms up... IT'S ON!!! ;)

NickCats 12-17-2006 03:02 PM

Great picture, Sammy !

Nick