986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What do you think the most common color is ? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7826)

Silverstreak 10-19-2006 09:25 AM

What do you think the most common color is ?

I see a lot of Silver Boxsters ...... :confused:

ukchris 10-19-2006 09:30 AM

Silver, then Black... http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21&highlight=color+poll

David_J 10-19-2006 10:30 AM

Of the 9 in the parking garage at my work that I see daily, 3 are blue, 3 are silver, 2 are yellow, and mine is Seal Grey

Brucelee 10-19-2006 12:00 PM

Artic Silver is the most commonly sold Boxster.

FIG 10-19-2006 01:08 PM

Silver here too

RandallNeighbour 10-19-2006 02:26 PM

I see a lot of silver everything on the roads, especially German cars. Silver is the most popular color among all car makes as I recall. This is why I have a strong opinion about not owning another silver car of any sort...

Of course, the one pointing the finger must remember that three more point back at himself (Chinese Proverb).

I own two black cars, and that's a very popular color and moreover, it was the only color car a person could buy when Model T's were the only vehicle on the road. So my gripe doesn't hold much water.

I will say this though—silver hides a lot of dust, dirt and swirl marks :dance:

Norminhouston 10-19-2006 03:15 PM

You are right, Randall. My arctic silver Boxster never looks dirty.

KevinH1990 10-19-2006 03:20 PM

Silver was the color for the prototype Boxster and I believe it is the international racing color for German autos. Silver does not show dirt as much as a dark color like black, it isn't too bland for some folks (like white) or too flashy for other people (like speed yellow.) If Goldilocks was choosing a Boxster, she would find silver "just right".

I just wish Arctic Silver wasn't so common. Although I have to admit that having an Arctic Silver car made it easier to find a matching hard top at a good price.

Perfectlap 10-19-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_J
Of the 9 in the parking garage at my work that I see daily, 3 are blue, 3 are silver, 2 are yellow, and mine is Seal Grey

9 Boxsters in the same company garage? where do you work and are they hiring?
Do they have take your Porsche to work day? A Porsche retreat? Lunch time rally?
Autocross in the parking lot after work? :D

Boxtaboy 10-19-2006 04:39 PM

Silver!

Because I like it! ;)

Silverstreak 10-19-2006 05:00 PM

Weird that Artic Silver is a $800 option and Polar Silver is about a $3000 option........ :confused: ... I forget the exact pricing but that's crazy !

super66 10-19-2006 06:54 PM

[QUOTE=KevinH1990]it isn't too bland for some folks (like white)QUOTE]

:matchup: white is the farthest from bland! funny thing tho....you want to know how to tell silver is the most popular, wait for a new member to post a pic of their new boxster, if it's silver, everyone jumps out with great car looks like mine :D

any other colors get a luke warm response....that's what I have observed anyway....I LOVE my white, I refused to get silver like Randall although Perfectlap has a great set up with the silver red combo....

my choice is white, yellow, then its a toss up.....

David_J 10-19-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
9 Boxsters in the same company garage? where do you work and are they hiring?
Do they have take your Porsche to work day? A Porsche retreat? Lunch time rally?
Autocross in the parking lot after work? :D

I work for a software company in Redmond, WA. I think you can figure that one out. And yes, they are always hiring.

9 Boxsters is just the bottom half of the parking garage of 1 building :) There are a few 911's, but more Boxsters in my building. Some other building have more 911's then Boxsters. There is a mix of just about every kind of high performance car on campus.

The lunch time rallys are only done at the local karting track down the street. :D

-David

NickCats 10-20-2006 05:33 AM

Let's see... I have two black cars, a black bike, and a black dog :)

Once you go black, you never go back :D

Happy Friday !

Nick

KronixSpeed 10-20-2006 05:42 AM

Actually David I think your car in dark grey is very rare. i don't think i've ever seen one. I like the colour a lot.

z12358 10-20-2006 06:15 AM

Who cares how rare a color is? If you want rare, go pink. :)
I really like my Box in black, and I'm pretty sure everyone here loves theirs in whatever color they chose. The fact that there may be thousands other nice black Box's out there does not affect my pleasure one bit whenever I look at mine.

Z.

jeffsquire 10-20-2006 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_J
I work for a software company in Redmond, WA. I think you can figure that one out. And yes, they are always hiring.

9 Boxsters is just the bottom half of the parking garage of 1 building :) There are a few 911's, but more Boxsters in my building. Some other building have more 911's then Boxsters. There is a mix of just about every kind of high performance car on campus.

The lunch time rallys are only done at the local karting track down the street. :D

-David

This is simply incredible. I thought from your first post you were joking. HOLY COW!! Do they have a in house legal department?

z12358 10-20-2006 06:25 AM

"Do they have a in house legal department?"

Jeff, you just lowered your chances by asking this. :)

Z.

RandallNeighbour 10-20-2006 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norminhouston
You are right, Randall. My arctic silver Boxster never looks dirty.

Is that about the color of your car, or because you are a meticulous owner?

My black Boxster never looks dirty either... I simply do not let it get that way!

PS - Sure did miss all you local folks at the PCA sponosred event last night... free beer at a brewery, plus all the pizza you could eat to go with the beer, plus great Porsches to look at. One of the long-term members of the PCA just took delivery of his dark blue/tan Carrera S and brought it over. It had 800 miles on it and was just a month old. Gorgeous!

That dark blue is gonna be the color of my next Porsche... which will also be very hard to keep clean, but worth it!

Silverstreak 10-20-2006 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickCats
Let's see... I have two black cars, a black bike, and a black dog :)

Once you go black, you never go back :D

Happy Friday !

Nick

I would have picked black had I bought it brand new :confused:

.... Red is my second choice. :cheers:

Silver looks good too I guess ..... at least it hides the dirt.

I have a black RSX-S as my daily driver ! :)