Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #1

Garage
Climate control screen kit.

Hi guy`s,
I`m a new member. I`m not sure if this is the right section but I have a couple of questions, mods. please feel free to move to the proper section, thank you. I`ve searched and searched, the site and google but I`m still not sure what type of climate screen kit for my car. I see v1 and v2, etc, so I`m a bit confused which one is the right one. Does anyone have a link to right climate control screen for my car?, thank you. My car is a 2001 Boxster base model. I joined the site when I started moding. So far I have done a few mods. base on information I got from the site, great site . The car has the base stereo which I would like to upgrade the speakers, anyone know some half decent speakers that I can buy? I would appreciate a link to the speakers, thank you.
I tried to upload a couple of pictures but they are not coming thru.

986 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:19 AM   #2

Replacement LCD displays are available from 914rubber.com. They are labeled to fit 1997 thru 2004 Boxsters so should be a good fit for your car. I replaced mine a couple of years ago and found it to be a fun project.

photos here (near the bottom of the page) https://rx19jones.wixsite.com/projectboxster/projectboxster-3
Old 07-14-2020, 02:36 PM   #3

Garage
Thanks A 986 S for the information, very nice work that you have done to your Boxster, I should be able to get and do what I need by your very detailed information, thank you.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:33 PM   #4

Garage
A 986 S I have another question if you don`t mind. I have almost the same color car as you (Orient Red Metallic with black interior), I have a couple of sets of the touch paint (ACRYL LACKSTIFT - ORIENTROT 8A4) but it doesn`t match the color of the car at all, it is a lot darker red than the one on the car and the car has the original paint from the factory. I`m starting to think that I have the wrong color of touch up paint?

Last edited by 986 Boxster; 07-14-2020 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:44 AM   #5

I think that orient red metallic is a beautiful color for our cars. The front bumper cover on my Boxster was pitted in the front and scraped on the bottom when I bought it so I had that part repainted. The body shop gave me a small jar of the left over paint that I have used to touch up chips and scratches. The color match is great but that is sure an expensive way to to get touch up paint!

p.s. Do post a photo of your car - I'd love to see it!
Old 07-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #6
A Porsche Guy

Here is a video tutorial from another supplier that shows you the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug7ZjAU3kjc
1PorscheBoxster986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:58 PM   #7

Garage
Thanks 1PorscheBoster986 for the video.

I`ll try to post some pictures A 986 S, if I can manage to resize them.
I order a touch up kit of the A83/L1 to see if it matches the paint on my car.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #8

Garage
It took me awhile to figure this site out , but here are some pictures.
This is the day I bought it :dance:

The day I brought it home

Here it is in the stable with some of it`s companions :dance:. (The Rx8 is missing in this picture).

It looks a bit different now as I installed spacers and led lights, when I have a chance I`ll post some pictures with the spacers on.

Last edited by 986 Boxster; 07-15-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:18 PM   #9

Garage
If anyone needs a touch Kit of ACRYL LACKSTIFT - ORIENTROT 8A4 I have 3 kits that came with the car, 2 complete sets and one that`s missing the clear coat, you can have one for free if you pay for the shipping.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:06 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A 986 S View Post
I think that orient red metallic is a beautiful color for our cars. The front bumper cover on my Boxster was pitted in the front and scraped on the bottom when I bought it so I had that part repainted. The body shop gave me a small jar of the left over paint that I have used to touch up chips and scratches. The color match is great but that is sure an expensive way to to get touch up paint!

p.s. Do post a photo of your car - I'd love to see it!
I got lucky A 986 S. I have been looking for a Boxster for a little while now (2 years ) and I wanted one in good condition and red on black, hard to come by I know. It took me a while but I found it. One owner dealer serviced, no accidents and never winter driven. I payed a bit more than one with several owners but I`m okay with that. The car had 129.000 km (80.000 miles?) and had been sitting in a heated garage for the last 6 years. This year the owner took it out and spend over $8000.00 to get it back in tip top shape, new tires, brakes, gaskets, battery, headlights, suspension, etc, etc, and then he lost interest again and bought an R8, so he put it up for sale. Lucky for me :dance:. I bought in less than 2 hours of the ad going up . I had a PPI done on it and it came out clean, so I bought it. It also came with a lot of extra things, a Porsche battery tender, convertible top conditioner, kits of leather conditioner, kits of the back window conditioner, kits of touch up paint, etc, etc. I just started moding it, and so far I have done the Crios exhaust mod, desnorkel, spacers, aluminum pedals, Led interior lights, trunks, high and low beams, etc. Now I`m trying to upgrade the speakers and some other small things that need attention on a 19 year old car, but so far I`m happy as it`s all small things.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:40 AM   #11
On the slippery slope

Garage
+986 on 914rubber.com

great person to deal with and easy to install
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:05 AM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
+986 on 914rubber.com

great person to deal with and easy to install
Thanks JayG. I tried to order from 914rubber.com on his website but it was more money than what I found around here. I got it for $85.00 CAD. shipped, = ($62.50 USD.) which is around the same price as him, but the shipping from the US. was way to high for an envelope.