Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2020, 02:05 PM   #1

A/C Issue on 986 Boxster S, year 2001

New to this forum but I am learning a lot here. I own a recently purchased Boxster S from 2001.

The "cooling" icon (the "snowflake icon - see below)" in my A/C unit display has stopped showing. It worked initially and it seemed to dissapear once I tried to switch the "cooling" off.

Now when i press the "cooling" botton the "Auto" display comes on instead

Anyone who has had a similar issue ?

Rgds Per

Attached Images

Last edited by LYN_DK; 06-08-2020 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Adding a picture
LYN_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:37 PM   #2
A Porsche Guy

It looks like the issue is your climate control screen. You already have display issues as shown and over time it will get worst. What I think happen is your AC icon is no longer properly displaying. You will need to get it fixed if it annoys you or replace the unit. As long as your AC button works and you are getting blasted with cold air you're good. The reason why Auto display comes on when AC button is pressed is that's the default setting to quickly cool the air. If I recall correctly my car does that too and the fan/temp? adjustment will turn it the auto climate control.

Last edited by 1PorscheBoxster986; 07-14-2020 at 01:04 PM.
1PorscheBoxster986 is offline   Reply With Quote