Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2020, 04:14 AM   #1

Microswitch issue

Sorry if this has been covered already here - I read a lot of alarm issues here already but did not find a solution to this just yet.

Issue is that the alarm beeps twice when car has been unlocked and the either one of the door is opened from inside or outside (not when I unlock the drivers door with the key).
Also, if I press the unlock button on dash the alarm beeps twice and interior lights flash twice (lock button does not do anything when the key is in the dash)
Drivers door does not lock except if I turn the key three consecutive times to lock it (key remotes haev lost the connection to car).
Alarm unit under the drivers seat and key fobs were replaced at Porsche dealer 3 years ago due to water damage - I'd assume that alarm unit is fine (key's were just inspected by keyfobrepair and are fine).

I have already swapped both door lock assemblies.

Reasoning:
- both inside door handles triggers the double beep, for this I believe that those microswitches are fine
- both outside door handles triggers the double beep, for this I believe that those microswitches are fine
- currently suspecting that the armrest lid microswitch is dead... Would like to change it, but can't find the switch from anywhere except as a used unit (don't want a used one with soon same issues).

1.) Do you have any opinions am I in right track?
2.) Where I could buy the center console lid microswitch (I am fine also on soldering just a switch there as long as I know where to get the switch from, please help on locating one...)

Thank you already for your help on this double beep issue

Old 06-12-2020, 10:25 AM   #2

Ok, a great progress achieved even that I am not comfortable working with electronics...
After few days of trial and error (measuring, cleaning, soldering on both doors lock assemblies), everything works on my 2001 Boxster alarm, including the alarm button on the dash and turnig of keys on the drivers door for longer time windows going up or down AND NO MORE very annoying double beeps when opening the doors :dance:

Only one minor issue is to still figure out. Passenger door (right side) window does not stay up as the door is open. The window dips when the inner or outer hand lever is lifted, but window goes down again as the hand lever is released. Still a major improvent to the situation going on thru out this spring time.

Would any of you happen to know which microswitch in the passenger door tells the window to stay open when the door is open? I'd prefer to figure out to swap the microswitch or the lock assemby, if I'm certain whis is the correct microswitch for this currently still not functioning smaller issue.