986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "986forum" decals?????Come on! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7790)

blinkwatt 10-17-2006 01:23 AM

"986forum" decals?????Come on!

I think that this board has built up enough "street credit" among the Boxster crowd to have it's own decals. Any mod/owner considered it? If it helps I will preorder some. How many other forum members would want a decal? Possibly one for the windscreen,come on... :dance:

Rail26 10-17-2006 04:06 AM

I would buy one.

Brucelee 10-17-2006 05:12 AM

I will ask Richard Kwei how tough this would be to do.

Remember we do have hats and shirts available.

Thanks

KronixSpeed 10-17-2006 06:25 AM

Actually I was thinking the samething.......

I would buy a 986Forum Decal....for my window or car. You could keep it simple....just make them in white, not big in size maybe 2 x 5 or something like that.

I never asked because, my friend has a hondatech fourm decal on his car....and I didnt want to copy him....but it looks pretty cool on his car.

Hook it up....great idea blinkwatt

Marc Gelefsky 10-17-2006 07:15 AM

Somthing like this would be cool:
Smaller would be better
http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/rennbox.jpg

TriGem2k 10-17-2006 08:48 AM

I'm up for one...I like it on the rear windscreen

johnsonrj74 10-17-2006 08:55 AM

Good idea- I'm in!

boggtown 10-17-2006 09:19 AM

Being a BMW owner for so long, I know a lot about them. Thus I wanted an M3 before a boxster. I joined the m3forum.com site and it is quite a piece of work. It is much more than just a forum. I suggest you guys go there and look around, like I just looked 2 seconds ago and they had 385 members online (not including the 800+ guests). They have decals and stuff and a huge reputation. And I don't understand why this forum isn't as big. Were there just like millions more M3s built than boxsters or is it the type of person who buys the car. I can see a BMW owner joining a forum more than I can see a Porsche owner joining one. I guess its just the type of person. Does that mean we are fighting a loosing battle? Will a Ferrari forum just never take off or have enough members to sustain itself despite the fact that there are tons of Ferraris? I don't know, but what I do know is good marketing. From what I see, marketing execs would have a field day with this site. Do boxsters even have a homecomming? Because I remember Z3 homecomming and thousands of people would drive for maybe a thousand miles to get there. I da no, just my .02

Perfectlap 10-17-2006 09:39 AM

someone dinged my rear bumper once and put a teeny scratch on it. I was using my birdautomotive bike rack at the time and I was afraid it too would rub on the paint so I tried to quietly place a sticker over the scratch/contact area. It was an SCCA sticker, white background red lettering.
OK I got more grief from more people about a) having a bike rack on a Porsche, and b) putting a bumper sticker on a Porsche. After about the 47th comment I took it off just so I wouldn't be considered rude when I decided not to respond anymore. Eventually someon idiot crashed into bike rack and bent it just enought to have to toss a $400 rack into the trash heap (bastard took off while I was inside a store).
I think I might opt for a license plate frame.

jeffsquire 10-17-2006 09:42 AM

count me in. great idea.

Grizzly 10-17-2006 09:46 AM

I'd be up for a decal, or plate frame. It'd have to be small and tasteful, though.

CJ_Boxster 10-17-2006 09:54 AM

I'd buy a decal to place on my windscreen... Now who will make one?...Probably 986Forum.com in the silver porsche font would look nice.

On a side note...Whoever developed this site should include the porsche font in the text format drop-down menu above^^^, I wouldnt mind using that font.

djomlas 10-17-2006 02:19 PM

the reason y there are so many people on the m3 forum is because those cars are pretty much made to mod, in many many different ways. the same cant be said about the boxster...yes there are things to modify, but nowhere close to bmw.
thats what i think

blinkwatt 10-17-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
the reason y there are so many people on the m3 forum is because those cars are pretty much made to mod, in many many different ways. the same cant be said about the boxster...yes there are things to modify, but nowhere close to bmw.
thats what i think

Funny you say that. All the M3 owners I know mod the heck out of them! Two of the three owners have either blown a headgasket or cracked a manifold doing so as well.

AUDIOGUY 10-17-2006 04:50 PM

I would buy one... I like silver or black.. possibly laser or die cut for the windscreen.
Small and tasteful!
Keep us posted!

KronixSpeed 10-17-2006 07:09 PM

Yes Boggtown M3s were built in far larger amounts.

$56,195 This is the car that defined the sport sedan segment. The M3 has been built in relatively high numbers and will take some time to appreciate. This vehicle is a significant piece of automotive history. "

Grizzly 10-17-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
I think that this board has built up enough "street credit" among the Boxster crowd to have it's own decals. Any mod/owner considered it? If it helps I will preorder some. How many other forum members would want a decal? Possibly one for the windscreen,come on... :dance:

I've been thinking about this entirely too much, and I'm no artist, but what do you guys think about a simple sillouette, something like the ones I attached, with 986 forum below it? I believe we all agree that the Boxster has great lines. What are your thoughts?

I really like the last one, if you can imagine it a little different. Picture just the line drawing of the Boxster and the swoosh of motion without all the other junk around it. Then just a simple 986 Forum under it. Anyone???

Jeph 10-17-2006 07:47 PM

I've done this before!

I used to host a local board (back in Lubbock, TX -Yeehaa!). "Lubbock Racing Scene" I had "LRS" decals printed up... they sold pretty good... I set up a paypal store and sold them directly from the forum/site.

It was a fun project, setting up surveys as to which color people preferred. I had some cool colors made too. Reflective black was the most popular... decals were black and reflected silver (arctic silver, dare I say?) when the light hit it just right. Very cool.

I do this in my spare-time (www.jesus-fish.com [although I've taken it up a notch and made magnets instead of just decals]). If Brucelee or whoever "in charge" wants to do this, I can help out... PM me.

boggtown 10-17-2006 08:38 PM

Here is what some ms paint can do, lol, PS is on my other comp. If you like the outline, here are 2 choices.

Brucelee 10-18-2006 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeph
I used to host a local board (back in Lubbock, TX -Yeehaa!). "Lubbock Racing Scene" I had "LRS" decals printed up... they sold pretty good... I set up a paypal store and sold them directly from the forum/site.

It was a fun project, setting up surveys as to which color people preferred. I had some cool colors made too. Reflective black was the most popular... decals were black and reflected silver (arctic silver, dare I say?) when the light hit it just right. Very cool.

I do this in my spare-time (www.jesus-fish.com [although I've taken it up a notch and made magnets instead of just decals]). If Brucelee or whoever "in charge" wants to do this, I can help out... PM me.

Richard Kwei is looking this issue.

thanks for all the input.