Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #1

Garage
Another Keyfob Issue, No Lock or Trunk

So this is another keyfob issue, I have searched extensively for a solution but nothing is matching.
This issue just came up yesterday. Parked the car do do a quick detail before a walk with a friend, closed everything up as normal, hit the lock button on my FOB and got the desired "chirp" as normal, Walked away but then noticed my flashers were going off as if the emergency flashers had been activated.. I opened my door with my FOB and had to push the flasher button in order to make the lights go out. But now I can't lock the doors with my FOB, and I can't open my trunk at all.
I replaced batteries in both FOB's, neither one talks to my car. I checked the fuses in the panel, (haven't pulled the seat yet). Is there something I am missing? Oh yeah, carpet is dry. I can lock the driver side door only with the key, passenger side is alive and open, no click or beep.

Is there a reprogramming sequence to go through for these FOB's? On my Audi and BMW it's easy, surely these 986 can't be that bad. Maybe bad fuse on the module?

mgfranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:49 PM   #2

Garage
OK, easy fix. Pull the drivers seat, found the 15 amp fuse blown. Clear the pending code, start and drive...

mgfranz is offline   Reply With Quote