986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   On-board computer (OBC) and Cruise Control (CC) Computer Recoding (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77720)

Balloonmeister 05-03-2020 02:50 PM

On-board computer (OBC) and Cruise Control (CC) Computer Recoding

I have a 2003 Boxster S which does not have either the OBC or CC. I want to have a shop perform the upgrades for both items as described in the Pelican How To Articles for Boxsters. I asked my local Porsche dealership if they could do the upgrades and they said they could except they could not recode the computer as they do not have a PST-2 tool anymore. I forwarded the How To article to them which I believe states that they can use either the PST-2 OR the PIWIS to no avail. Does anyone know if the upgrades can definitely be recoded with the current version of the PIWIS, which do they do have in their shop? Also, can the recoding be done with a Durametric which is at another indie shop?

NewArt 05-03-2020 03:01 PM

The Durametric can turn on the OBC but you will need to do the 3rd/4th stalk mods to access them. There are other possibilities for the buttons on the console, etc. Search should bring up this info!

JFP in PA 05-04-2020 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balloonmeister (Post 616367)
I have a 2003 Boxster S which does not have either the OBC or CC. I want to have a shop perform the upgrades for both items as described in the Pelican How To Articles for Boxsters. I asked my local Porsche dealership if they could do the upgrades and they said they could except they could not recode the computer as they do not have a PST-2 tool anymore. I forwarded the How To article to them which I believe states that they can use either the PST-2 OR the PIWIS to no avail. Does anyone know if the upgrades can definitely be recoded with the current version of the PIWIS, which do they do have in their shop? Also, can the recoding be done with a Durametric which is at another indie shop?

Both the PIWIS and Durametric can do it. I would stay away from dealerships on this as they are under factory orders not to activate OBC or cruise without charging full boat for what the options were when the car was purchased.

Balloonmeister 05-04-2020 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFP in PA (Post 616409)
Both the PIWIS and Durametric can do it. I would stay away from dealerships on this as they are under factory orders not to activate OBC or cruise without charging full boat for what the options were when the car was purchased.

JFP in PA,
A current version of the PIWIS (I think that is version III) can access the computer on a 2003 Boxster S - correct?

JFP in PA 05-04-2020 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balloonmeister (Post 616411)
JFP in PA,
A current version of the PIWIS (I think that is version III) can access the computer on a 2003 Boxster S - correct?

All versions of the PIWIS are backwards compatible to all Porsche model years.