Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2023, 10:31 AM   #1

How do I adjust the roof housing

Hi All
I hope someone can help as I am new to this forum and to Porsche in general
I have just acquired a 2004 986 Boxster and have a question about adjusting the roof.
my issue is when the roof is up and i think down as well the left side boot roof lid bit behind the roof itself ( sorry not a clue what it is called) does not fit flat to the wing and boot lid , drivers side does. is there a way to adjust this please

RobGrimsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 10:32 AM   #2

Old 10-26-2023, 02:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

Welcome!

If you google about, there are lots of resources dedicated to Boxster top issues.

What I see is that your clamshell is likely slightly tweaked. You will want to check the stops under that rear edge to make sure that’s not what is causing the issue, and assuming it’s not, then you will likely need to tweak it back in the other direction so that it lays flat.

Does it sit the same way when the top is down?
Old 10-26-2023, 03:48 AM   #4

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoradeschi View Post
Welcome!

If you google about, there are lots of resources dedicated to Boxster top issues.

What I see is that your clamshell is likely slightly tweaked. You will want to check the stops under that rear edge to make sure that’s not what is causing the issue, and assuming it’s not, then you will likely need to tweak it back in the other direction so that it lays flat.

Does it sit the same way when the top is down?
I will have a look thanks for the reply. i did some google searches but i was not sure what to call that bit so not allot of results lol.
if it ever stops raining here i will drop the lid to see if it still sits the same

thanks