986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   OMG this forum is still swinging in all 986 directions! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76912)

Nine8Six 12-28-2019 03:15 PM

OMG this forum is still swinging in all 986 directions!

Hey guys, I swear I clicked a random link on the Internet that lead me here, I had no intention to come and intrude lol

In all honesty, I really dropped-by voluntarily to see if I was the last in all those worlds to still own a Porsche Boxster 986! That's right, I still have it although haven't been driving it much due to municipal restrictions not allowing it both downtown and the place I spend most of my days at work :/ It also needs all kind of vital things to work too... like a wash, a wax and a carpet vacuum. You know, the normal stuff that makes those roadsters click and go fast :D

I've quickly scrolled by the daily posts and I'm blasted to see many of you guys still got their Boxsters and sharing knowledge about them here, its amazing!!!

I hope you all had a generous and fun Christmas and wishing you an Happy New Year in advance :cheers:

Nine8Six 12-28-2019 03:17 PM

oh good god that silly alias pic of me... just saw that after posting LOL Maybe time to show-off what I look like with +10 years on. Not exactly pretty I warn ya ;)

Robert986 12-28-2019 03:33 PM

OMG, the legend is alive! :cheers: :)

BrokenLinkage 12-28-2019 03:39 PM

Welcome back!

Nine8Six 12-28-2019 03:43 PM

Legend, yikes, uh-oh :/ lol Guess this is the tag you get for disappearing on the group ;-)
Good to see you here Robert! my god... you guys are all still here almost, so many I can see from the posts, incredible
Hey BrokenLinkage!!!

NewArt 12-28-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine8Six (Post 608939)
oh good god that silly alias pic of me... just saw that after posting LOL Maybe time to show-off what I look like with +10 years on. Not exactly pretty I warn ya ;)

Haha Fred, we all like to put our best foot forward! My avatar has a helmet and a ton of makeup! (Well, not really) but everyone who sees me on YouTube knows the terrible truth! :eek:

Nine8Six 12-28-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewArt (Post 608946)
Haha Fred, we all like to put our best foot forward! My avatar has a helmet and a ton of makeup! (Well, not really) but everyone who sees me on YouTube knows the terrible truth! :eek:

Just watched that 7 month old YT vid... who is that young handsome guy in the vid, is that you? And man that engine, speechless. Good mechanic and interesting to see that autopsy. I think you've nailed the cause, that blacken crank bearing looks like it may have contributed to some nasty thermal stress up the rod, James :/

And yea time to swing my fast & furious young boy pic for the 'updated' one I think too lol Good to see you are still here and helping out man, so cool!!!

steved0x 12-28-2019 05:35 PM

Hey Fred, I was just thinking about you the other day, good to hear from you on here. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

PaulE 12-28-2019 05:47 PM

Great to hear from you Fred! Hope all is well and you will be posting from time to time!

itsnotanova 12-28-2019 05:48 PM

Glad to see you're back. Does this mean you're back to making us parts too?:D

Nine8Six 12-28-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved0x (Post 608951)
Hey Fred, I was just thinking about you the other day, good to hear from you on here. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Haha! Same to you Steve, best wishes man! Time to catch up with your racing adventures, hope you are still zipping those apex :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulE (Post 608952)
Great to hear from you Fred! Hope all is well and you will be posting from time to time!

All good here Paul, at least still alive (sort of, I think lol). I'll try to get the Boxster going this weekend, that's what got me to log back on 986forum in fact. Got a feeling something will be messing up in advance, lots of dust on that roadster right now so I might be posting sooner or later... I'll update later today or tomorrow. Hope all is well for you too, good to see you and others are still here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotanova (Post 608953)
Glad to see you're back. Does this mean you're back to making us parts too?:D

Ramped up +3 new machines since and all belong to a customer for the next few months man. Google the word "slave" my picture is just below :/ Trust me if I could make parts I would, nothing better than making car parts machined the-way-I-chose-too. Pure freedom, miss that time. If you or anyone needs something done CAD/CAE/CAM-wise just let me know I got time for that, for the parts I know a whole lot of chaps with the same equipment so things can be arranged for a good cause. Hope business goes well for you man, good to see you too haha!!

rfuerst911sc 12-29-2019 01:48 AM

Fred welcome back it's good to hear from you , I give you a slight head nod every time I flip on my " Fred's headlights " :D . Happy New Year to you

GLImages 12-29-2019 02:17 AM

So you are the lengendary Fred I keep reading about!?

Nice to finally 'meet' you. I'm new around here, but have read a lot about you. Well, that sounds a bit creepy...I have read a lot about the parts you made. Haha.

Welcome Back sir!

Gunnar

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BRAN 12-29-2019 02:53 AM

Car 54, car 54 where are ya? Welcome back.
Glad to hear from you, I thought some aliens picked you up in your car.
:troll:
Yeah, those nasty lil ad-clickers lead the way...Evil.:D

rick3000 12-29-2019 03:08 AM

Welcome Back Fred! :cheers:

Prepare for your inbox to be inundated with people wanting windscreens and headlights!

grc0456 12-29-2019 03:35 AM

We’ve missed you, buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wallace River 12-29-2019 03:42 AM

Good grief, the return of the Canuckian Chinese mad scientist! Welcome back Fred, hope 2020 is kind to you.

Nine8Six 12-29-2019 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc (Post 608963)
Fred welcome back it's good to hear from you , I give you a slight head nod every time I flip on my " Fred's headlights " :D . Happy New Year to you

lol That flickering blip huh ;-) Man, good to see you.. wow! Happy New year to you too, same to your family, and the beast!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLImages (Post 608964)
So you are the lengendary Fred I keep reading about!?
Nice to finally 'meet' you. I'm new around here, but have read a lot about you. Well, that sounds a bit creepy...I have read a lot about the parts you made. Haha.

Hey Gunnar, Happy to meet you here too! Thanks for the warm welcome back man, let's have fuuun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAN (Post 608965)
Car 54, car 54 where are ya? Welcome back.
Glad to hear from you, I thought some aliens picked you up in your car.
Yeah, those nasty lil ad-clickers lead the way...Evil.:D

lil ad-clickers lol Yea wish that'd be it but I really stopped by to spy on you and your cool car projects, Bran haha. Happy New Year old pal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick3000 (Post 608966)
Welcome Back Fred! :cheers:

Prepare for your inbox to be inundated with people wanting windscreens and headlights!

Rick!! how is the army and overseas expatriation treating you man, been a long time! Hope you make it back hope for the holiday season at least. Good to see you around, Rick. And yea, didn't thought about this one too wisely (lol), I might have to service those kits before making new-anything. Let's see if I can squeeze time man, I doubt but I'll do my best and see what I can do in Q1/Q2 2020.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grc0456 (Post 608968)
We’ve missed you, buddy!

!!! Way too kind again bro :cheers: Good to see you again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallace River (Post 608970)
Good grief, the return of the Canuckian Chinese mad scientist! Welcome back Fred, hope 2020 is kind to you.

lol after all those years living and working here its fair to call this "Chinese Canuckian", reversed! Life's good here man, sort of! Good to see you Ian!!!

Guys, thanks for the warm welcome back. I owe you all after-all and will try not to deceive again, my bad. I wish you all an Happy New Year and Best wishes, no exceptions.

Nine8Six 12-29-2019 04:19 AM

Guys, the Boxster... wroom, it-started-right-up!!! 8+ months or something since last time I've parked and unplugged it, what a blast this car, always been. Missed that slamming chain noise at start-up so much (not) lol! But there, same old good fun this car. I keep it, seriously.

Took it to my good old and loyal Porsche independent this afternoon for a fresh-up-everything, new oil, coolant, full tank, and and and you're ready for this?? "a full tank of New Shinny Blue Windshield Washer Fluid", that's right! My mechanic over-inflated the 4 tires and went out for an illegal street-race to round them up (lol) as they felt a bit squared on my way there so that got sorted real quick, not sure if this is a good trick to share (at your own risk I guess). But man, one of the rear wheel bearing is shot I think, or both dunno... I now get this whoomwhoomwhoom sound thingy when I turn the car at mid speed. Not sure if this was caused but sitting the car for a long time, certainly can't remember having heard that strange sound before. So... yea, we've ordered a set of 4 of those wheel bearings :/

At least I was taken to the nearest Sichuan Style Hotpot restaurant for a free dinner, just so my indy and I can catch up on life and exchange cool car pictures and ideas ;-) I think he feels responsible for the wheel 'bearing demolition' haha! All good fun guys. I was also asked to take the Boxster out at least once weekly, request (an order) from my indy so I'll see if time allow me to comply with that.

So that's for the car, I think so far so good! Additionally; I'm glad to have stopped-by your amazing forum this early morning guys. Super happy to see old friends and completely blasted by the fact that the majority of you are still here, impressive car this Boxster, really is (got to be, obviously). Hope to be able to share knowledge again (or at least what I can) from time to time and catch up with you all!

Off I go (exhausted car day really lol). See you guys around!

Van914 12-29-2019 05:28 AM

Happy New Year Fred! Don’t be a stranger.