Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2019, 02:59 PM   #1

Garage
98 Auto Tiptronic wont shift or park...hElP

Hey all, here is the situation. I picked up a 1998 Automatic Boxster with a Carrera GT body on it. Its Been sitting for about a couple of years now. I finally got the all the chewed up wires spliced, immobilizer and a thousand other items fixed up to the point then engine runs perfectly. BUT, It will Not physically go into park or make any of the gears do anything. so I have replaced the Neutral Safety Switch and the brake lock switch and still have the same situation. I pulled the gear selector and shift cable - they look fine. I tried to put it into gear by hand by moving the lever and neutral safety switch manually, but same result. It just wont go into drive or reverse. And I cannot match the neutral safety switch up with the park position on the trans lever(see pics).!?
Does anyone have a clue on this one?

DMags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 08:59 AM   #2

Garage
Tiptronic trouble

Hi DMAG, Did you ever find a solution to the Transmission problem. Not shifting into Park and not engaging in any gear? I have the same problem with a 1998 Boxster now. Same story. Sitting for two years now no gears will engage and it won’t go into Park. Any help would be appreciated.

Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote