Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2006, 06:19 AM   #1

Option code 584

Hello!
Anybody knows what the option code 584 means?
I recently purchased a 986 S MY2000 and I was trying to figure out the options I got. I decoded all of them but I can't find the 584.
Appreciate your help!

Thanks, Gulfstream.

gulfstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfstream
Hello!
Anybody knows what the option code 584 means?
I recently purchased a 986 S MY2000 and I was trying to figure out the options I got. I decoded all of them but I can't find the 584.
Appreciate your help!

Thanks, Gulfstream.
Hi,

Option M584 is the Hard Storage Box over the engine cover. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #3

584 option

Thanks Jim, now I got all the option list completed!
I am ready to change the tires, I got a good deal on Pirelli PZero and I will give up Continental, they are too much expensive at the moment. Do you think Pirelli is going to be a good choice?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Thanks Jim, now I got all the option list completed!
I am ready to change the tires, I got a good deal on Pirelli PZero and I will give up Continental, they are too much expensive at the moment. Do you think Pirelli is going to be a good choice?
Hi,

I've got R-Zero Rossos on my '99 and I like them. They're fairly expensive, and there are other tires I'd like to try as well, so I probably won't replace them, but if there's a deal at that time, I would.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:42 AM   #5

Tires: PZero or Michelin?

Godd to hear, I will go for the PZero rosso then. However they give me the Pichelin Pilot for about the same price and to tell you the true I am not 100% for the PZero's, but as you said sometimes is good testing a new tire, without thinking too much about the choice, as long as they are not Chinese tires...
Years ago I had a Lotus Elise MK1, a nice 1999 model which was as much fun as driving a kart. The only one thing I didn't like (I bought it brand new) were the tires, with a light weight car as the Elise it took a long time to get the right temperature and when the tires were cold, it was like driving on the soap.
Guess what, the tires were PZero's! But the weight of the Boxster S is about twice as much as the weight of the Lotus and the PZero rosso should be more advanced than the old Pzero's, don't you think so?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #6

Spelling...

Jim, I ment "Good", not "Godd". And I ment "Michelin", not "Pichelin"...
Sorry, I should read back before posting...
Old 09-27-2006, 01:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Godd to hear, I will go for the PZero rosso then. However they give me the Pichelin Pilot for about the same price and to tell you the true I am not 100% for the PZero's, but as you said sometimes is good testing a new tire, without thinking too much about the choice, as long as they are not Chinese tires...
Years ago I had a Lotus Elise MK1, a nice 1999 model which was as much fun as driving a kart. The only one thing I didn't like (I bought it brand new) were the tires, with a light weight car as the Elise it took a long time to get the right temperature and when the tires were cold, it was like driving on the soap.
Guess what, the tires were PZero's! But the weight of the Boxster S is about twice as much as the weight of the Lotus and the PZero rosso should be more advanced than the old Pzero's, don't you think so?

Hi,

There is no perfect tire, and the same tire on a different car can behave completely different. P-Zeros are an excellent tire and come on many exotics as OEM.

Then there's the matter of personal taste. Grip, Noise, Wet Traction, Wear are all, to one degree or another, subjective metrics and this is why there are always as many opinions out there as there are tires. Good Luck!