Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2006, 03:21 PM   #1

Smile 1997 Boxster, Purchasing Rear Spoiler

Hi Everyone, first of all let me say this is a fantastic forum, Congratz! I am looking to buy a spoiler for my 97 boxster from spoilerdepot on ebay which they are posting as we speak.

They told me the spoiler will fit 98-03 boxsters only, because the 97 trunk lid was changed in 98. I am not convinced of this, could anybody clarify if in fact the trunk lid was changed? I don't want to buy the spoiler and find out they were right.

Thanks, Frank

Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
blkboxster

well im not sure they changed but im not sure....
is this what your looking at?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Boxster-Spoiler-by-Spoilerdepot-27121_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQihZ019QQit emZ8034421449QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

becasue if it is i personally woudnt buy it because how many spoilers do you need the boxster already comes with one.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco
Hi Everyone, first of all let me say this is a fantastic forum, Congratz! I am looking to buy a spoiler for my 97 boxster from spoilerdepot on ebay which they are posting as we speak.

They told me the spoiler will fit 98-03 boxsters only, because the 97 trunk lid was changed in 98. I am not convinced of this, could anybody clarify if in fact the trunk lid was changed? I don't want to buy the spoiler and find out they were right.

Thanks, Frank
Hi,

The Trunk lid is referred to as a Cover and the part number is 986.512.011.02 GRV and the Spoiler itself is made up of several parts with part number: Upper Part - 986.504.609.01.G2X, Bracket - 986.504.613.01. None of these parts is model-year specific, they are universal.

As mentioned, your Boxster already has the Spoiler. If you want to change it, I'd be leery of a company who doesn't know that it s/b universal and doesn't know that much about the application for their product. Good Luck!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkboxster
well im not sure they changed but im not sure....
is this what your looking at?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Boxster-Spoiler-by-Spoilerdepot-27121_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQihZ019QQit emZ8034421449QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

becasue if it is i personally woudnt buy it because how many spoilers do you need the boxster already comes with one.

Hi, that is the one i'm looking at and the only reason i'm thinking of purchasing it is to give my car a different look from the others in the neighborhood.
Thanks for your feedback
Do you think it looks nice
Old 09-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

The Trunk lid is referred to as a Cover and the part number is 986.512.011.02 GRV and the Spoiler itself is made up of several parts with part number: Upper Part - 986.504.609.01.G2X, Bracket - 986.504.613.01. None of these parts is model-year specific, they are universal.

As mentioned, your Boxster already has the Spoiler. If you want to change it, I'd be leery of a company who doesn't know that it s/b universal and doesn't know that much about the application for their product. Good Luck!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
The spoiler i'm looking at is an after market bolt on that goes on the trunk cover.
Thanks

Franco