Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2019, 02:52 PM   #1

To drop or not to drop

Hello all.

I have been a lurker for a while but decided to join as I would like some opinions as I start addressing some issues on my 03 Boxster S

So my car has about just over 90k miles.
As most expansion tanks eventually due, mine has developed a crack and is now leaking.
I have also developed an intermittent P1328 CEL code
The clutch is recently fresh but I honestly do not know if the IMS bearing was addressed when that was done, the RMS supposedly was replaced.

Considering that the expansion tank is a lot easier to replace with the motor+tranny out and considering my P1328, should I try to make plans to simply drop the motor and try to get it caught up with maintenance or should I keep the motor installed and try to address simply these issues?

I would love to hear thoughts here as I usually get over ambitious and then regret having gone to such extremes.

Thanks

xuno_gil is offline   Reply With Quote