Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
blkboxster

Waxed my car today

well i waxed my car today with the brand ICE. it did a great job and my car is looking better then before.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #2

Mad sexy, now you do my car
redman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #3
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Looks great!

I've applied it to my car 3 times. It gets easier to apply (not that it isn't easy to work with the first time) and looks better after each coat.

For any first-timers the key is to not use too much.

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:20 PM   #4

Any comparison to ... say.. Zaino?

It looks great BTW
Old 09-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb
Looks great!

I've applied it to my car 3 times. It gets easier to apply (not that it isn't easy to work with the first time) and looks better after each coat.

For any first-timers the key is to not use too much.

ddb
How does it compare to Meguiars High Tech? I find that the High Tech is difficult to remove but I like the shine and durability. I also use One Grand Blitz once or twice a year............
tonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #6
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg
How does it compare to Meguiars High Tech? I find that the High Tech is difficult to remove but I like the shine and durability. I also use One Grand Blitz once or twice a year............
tonyg,

I used Meguiar's NXT prior to the ICE. My car is white so the subtleties between the shine of one wax versus the next isn't that big of a deal. In my opinion, it shines just as much if not more than any wax that I've tried. Granted, I've never used any of the higher-end, multi-step products, and probably never will. It is too early for me to say anything about durability. Also, my car isn't a daily driver which may skew the results.

What I really like about the product is the ease of use. The key is to use very little product. If you use too much it won't dry properly. It leaves absolutely no residue after removal, which I love. The other great part is the fact that it makes plastic or rubber parts adjacent to the paint look beautiful. You don't have to avoid these parts. I had the bumperettes on my car painted, partly because I hated dealing with them when it came to waxing the car. With ICE you would just apply it to the non-painted bumperettes and they would look beautiful. The only surface to avoid is glass.

ddb

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote