Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #1

Inner Top Elastic Clip

I recently found that the clip and elastic band that seems to keep the inner liner for the top has come off on the drivers side.

The clip and elastic is still there, and I did compare this to the passenger side to see where it should be clipped. The clip seems to go on a rod about 6 inches down in the area that the top folds into.

Does anyone have any hints on how to get the clip on the rod it should clip to?

Thanks

mikedivincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #2

Inner Top Elastic Clip

Both of the clips on my car have become unengaged so I have no reference. I too am extremely interested in actually seeing where they are supposed to go. Would someone please post a photo...I know it's hard to see, and dark down there...
Keith Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
KronixSpeed

okay this also happend to me..............hard to post pics..i will try.

i suggest attaching the clip lossely to a rod, find out exactly where it will clip back onto. use a flash light on the other side to see where that little hole is and slide the rod down and put it in. then some how pull the rod when the clip, clips back in. i know i have small hands and it was still very hard to get in there. or you wait until your next service and the mechanic should be able to do it for free.

i got mine fixed when the car was under warranty.... i think my hockey stick got caught in the liner and de-tached the clip some how.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
both my clips are also off, ever since i figured how to put my top in service mode i noticed they've been uncliped....I think they aid the window in folding correctly when the top is going down....the only rod i can see that it might snap on to is the rush rod but i dont wanna snag it on to that and end up ripping off cause i was wrong.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote