986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Brombacher sound on Order (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72910)

Cunningr 07-31-2018 11:04 AM

Brombacher sound on Order

Well finally pulled the trigger on my sound version muffler. Delivery about 2 weeks got a discount due to technical difficulties with the checkout process on their web page. Thinking of going with a set of eBay sport cats when I have the muffler installed, any opinions? Follow up mods will be plenum and software maybe headers.

edc 07-31-2018 11:38 AM

Exhaust manifolds will make the biggest difference power wise and let the engine rev more freely.

Cunningr 07-31-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edc (Post 576444)
Exhaust manifolds will make the biggest difference power wise and let the engine rev more freely.

Was my thoughts as well. I think in the end it will be headers and the 200 cell cats, just do a full upgrade. Trying to spread out the purchases. I also just located a shop in Sevilla that has a dyno 80 euros per test, so I think in Sep before i start the engine mods will have a base line pull, then after the mods try to gather real data.

Bruich10 07-31-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunningr (Post 576440)
Well finally pulled the trigger on my sound version muffler. Delivery about 2 weeks got a discount due to technical difficulties with the checkout process on their web page. Thinking of going with a set of eBay sport cats when I have the muffler installed, any opinions? Follow up mods will be plenum and software maybe headers.

Good luck!
I am off to my mechanic to install in an hours time - will let you know how it turned out!

MN 986 08-02-2018 07:25 AM

You will love the sound! I installed this muffler several years ago and added cat delete pipes to turn up the volume a little more and I love the way the car sounds every time I drive it. Pure Porsche flat 6 on acceleration and no drone on highway cruising.
Very interested to see dyno results.

Bruich10 08-16-2018 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunningr (Post 576440)

Have you got it yet?
I will be very interested to hear your rating!

Cunningr 08-16-2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruich10 (Post 577464)
Have you got it yet?
I will be very interested to hear your rating!

No hasn't arrived I am at a military APO address and the mail is pretty slow. I expect it to arrive maybe sometime next week.