Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2018, 05:39 AM   #1

Roof hood only opens on driver side

Hi all,

I have an issue with the roof, it was working fine and all of a sudden when roof is closed and trying to put it downe only the left side opens, right side only opens a bit. I read through some topics here and its given me an idea of what the problem could be, but it seems that most members on here were able to open to roof to get to the issue. I tried opening mine but its just stuck and even with some force it does not budge, i didn't want to try and even more forcefully trying to open it in fear i might break something else. Something is stuck but my issues is i don't even know how to get to it to see what it is. When trying to open it the motor also sounds very strange almost like grinding sound. I looked up bunch of you tube videos but its of no help, mostly was just roof stuck in open position, i didn't find a single one where it was an issue i am having. If any one had this issue it would be greatly appreciated if they could share some hints on how to go about this.

Thank you.

Edit** The picture is when it first occurred, it was when my brother was going for a drive and was trying to put the roof down, now if it try to open it the right side does not open at all, and as i said i wasn't trying to force it until i was able to figure out how to get in there and see what it is, just so that i don't do more damage.

Attached Images

Last edited by ToshoM; 05-15-2018 at 05:41 AM.
ToshoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Broken/stripped transmission gears on that side. You'll need to get in there and release the push rods.

particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote