Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2018, 09:44 PM   #1

2k 986 Slave and Master problem

I've replaced master and slave cylinders on a 2k 986. I've bled the system four different times following the procedures in the video below and using the procedure outlined in the common renntech link. (see also below)

The symptoms I have are that at about the top 10-20% of the pedal's travel I can feel the spring "pop" the pedal up to its highest point. And when I depress the pedal to start the car, I have to press the clutch really hard. (to toggle the switch I presume). I'm about at my wit's end with this. Does anyone know what I could be possibly be doing wrong? I'm using a Motive bleeder, Dot4, and Sachs parts. But still this issue persists. Worse yet, I am on my second replacement slave, because the first one failed catastrophically after about a week of use. When it was installed, it too had the same issue, I had to press very hard to get the car to start and at the top of the pedal's travel it feels springy. It was while parked at a gas station starting the car that the part failed, just as I pressed down hard on the clutch to start the car. POP! I must be doing something wrong, but what? Any ideas for me Porsche friends?

https://www.renntech.org/forums/tuto...-instructions/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=792&v=waE3N4uP0NQ

ricket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
986 , bleed , clutch , master , slave