Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2018, 02:14 AM   #1

Any tricks for attaching AOS accordion hose?

I am replacing my AOS on my 2001 Boxter and struggling mightily. I have tried attaching the hose to the engine first and vice versa. I also have to replace the lower vent hose as it cracked during removal.

Stiles13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:59 AM   #2

Typical internal dialogue installing an AOS includes "you know, having a third hand sure would be helpful right about now..."

Attaching to AOS first as I recall is preferred route - not to mention benefit of installing one clamp completely outside engine bay. The Porsche repair manual calls for, and of course dealers sell, an extremely overpriced lube for the job. A loving dealer, if they even permitted you to buy, would apply generously before charging to minimize pain inflicted A loooong time ago, I inquired and it was something ~ $30 for a tube size no larger than TSA friendly toothpaste... of which you only need a pea sized gob or two. Needless to say, I declined.

A schmear of motor oil just inside of tube opening is equally effective for encouraging it to slip on so you can attached hose clamp.

Good luck