986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   CEL -P0011 issue (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70906)

baumnutde 02-03-2018 12:16 PM

CEL -P0011 issue

DIYers and Porsche boxster I could really really use some help, got the above code on car, a camshaft position timing over- advanced or system performance Bank 1. Can anyone Provide me some insight as to how I can solve this problem. Its the wife's car and
I'm afraid to close my eyes, until i get this fixed!!!, prase help

JFP in PA 02-03-2018 12:25 PM

P0011 indicates that your can deviation values on bank #1 and crank position sensor are outside nominal values (+/-10 degrees), what are your actual cam deviation value readings?

P0011 Position of Camshaft in Relation to Crankshaft, Bank 1 – Below Limit

Diagnosis conditions
• Idle speed
• Reference mark recognized
• Engine speed between 600 rpm and 1200 rpm.
• Engine temperature greater than 40 °C
• No fault in camshaft position sensors
• Reference mark OK
• No fault in camshaft adjustment
• No fault in engine temperature
• No fault in camshaft adjustment output stage

Possible fault cause
◆ Allocation of camshaft to inlet camshaft incorrect

Diagnosis/Troubleshooting
Note!
• This fault is stored if the engine was disassembled and the allocation of the camshaft to the inlet camshaft was incorrectly set.

911monty 02-03-2018 12:26 PM

JFP in PA 02-03-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911monty (Post 561763)

He just took this to a dealer, who took it apart to check the cam sensor shutter wheel, and it looks like they may not have reset the cam timing correctly. This is not something that is NOT an easy DIY fix.......

911monty 02-03-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFP in PA (Post 561764)
He just took this to a dealer, who took it apart to check the cam sensor shutter wheel, and it looks like they may not have reset the cam timing correctly. This is not something that is NOT an easy DIY fix.......

I admire your professionalism. I was going to recommend limiting his posts so that for future troubleshooting the chronological order of faults would be easier to follow.

JFP in PA 02-03-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911monty (Post 561767)
I admire your professionalism. I was going to recommend limiting his posts so that for future troubleshooting the chronological order of faults would be easier to follow.

Thanks, but the problem here is that he does not know what he is doing, and the problems are well outside the scope of the average DIY wrench to begin with. He also tends to post the same thing on multiple sites at the same time, which often will get you conflicting responses.

Just another day in paradise...............

911monty 02-03-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFP in PA (Post 561768)
Thanks, but the problem here is that he does not know what he is doing, and the problems are well outside the scope of the average DIY wrench to begin with. He also tends to post the same thing on multiple sites at the same time, which often will get you conflicting responses.

Just another day in paradise...............

Glad you're here, as well as the other sites.

baumnutde 02-03-2018 04:52 PM

Only asking four help

For the record I was only asking fot
For help from this group to solve an issue I was having. Since this is how the group response to help. It unfortunate members feel that way