Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2018, 05:54 AM   #1

986 clutch pedal

I have a 2003 Boxster with the 5 speed. If I hold the clutch pedal in while stopped for more than about 10-15 seconds, as in waiting for traffic to clear before making a turn, the pedal springs back about halfway and then slowly returns to normal. If I hold it in for a traffic light, it will only spring back if I tuck my toe under it and lift. Transmission shifts normally in all driving circumstances. The clutch itself was replaced about 10,000 miles ago.

I'm guessing a pinhole leak in the hydraulic system, but there's no evidence of fluid on the car or ground. I will take this in for service, as I'm not a DIY guy on cars, but I want to have an understanding of the system so I can make sure the shop does not just throw parts at me.

Any insight would be welcome.

kibold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Could be the slave cylinder on the transmission. Not 100% on that but if it's using the Audi component it's likely.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #3

Garage
Try bleeding the clutch first. I had the same problem but it's been fine since bleeding - no parts required!

Note it can be difficult to properly bleed the clutch without a power bleeder.

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

cbr944 is offline   Reply With Quote