Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2018, 05:22 PM   #1

door lock light comes on while driving

for the last couple of days i've noticed that the door lock switch light on the dash comes on while driving. there are no other issues with my 2001 box.

anybody have this happen happen to them?

silverboxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:48 PM   #2

Search on "ignition switch" and see whether anyone reports your issue as a symptom of a failing switch. When one of my ignition switches failed, the illumination for the light switch stayed on all the time. I never received a detailed explanation as to why that would happen, but replacing the switch fixed it.

Good luck
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #3

My 2004 door lock light comes on when it auto locks the doors when I take off. I assume it’s normal if the car is programmed to autolock the doors.

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote